Camera issues, please help!!!

willy_nelson75

Reaction score
Okay I'm kinda new to this but I have a Razr Maxx running the latest ICS OS. I just now noticed that when I record a vvideo either on my front facing camera or back camera (vertically) that the rotations are different when I view the videos meaning that they don't play vertically. Is it just me, or are they all like that now?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
The video will be recorded in landscape mode no matter what way you hold the camera, there was another user that was having difficulty with this and I think someone found him an APP to fix it.

Let me see if I can find the link.

Also welcome to the forum!!

Edit: Here is the link, one user said it worked for them while the other did not get the same results. So YMMV

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...1bGwsMSwxLDMsImNvbS5tb2JseW54LmNhbWVyYWljcyJd

Last edited:
OP
W

willy_nelson75

Reaction score
Thank you. I'll give it a shot. I hate that it does that though. It didn't do that before the update,

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I just downloaded Camera ICS and took this pic with it ... :eek:

Dang dude, time to move!!

I couldn't live there knowing that thing was around :)

scottrazr

Reaction score
Video playback landscape

I have this infuriating problem too. No matter what mode I record in, it plays landscape( and sideways too [ooh bonus] if I recorded in portrait). I have a Razr running ICS and my wife has a Razr running Gingerbread. I thought I would test it before I upgraded hers. Other than the ability to take screenshots, I can't see any good reason to upgrade hers. Her phone, and my ipod touch (just to show what a basic function this is) both playback in the mode they were captured in.
I'm considering starting over and wiping the phone then going back to Gingerbread. I've tried all the settings adjustments I can think of and have even tried to duplicate the settings on my wife's Still Gingerbreading phone, but nothing has worked. I hate having to record everything in landscape.
I'll be glad to hear reasonable suggestions.