Camera issues and speed questions

trackweapon

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I recently upgraded a X2 after a disaster with the thunderbolt. Anyway I had been sort of impressed with the phone until I ordered a Iphone 4 to replace a netbook line. Originally I had no intentions of keeping the Iphone but selling it. Unfortunately I tried out the lower resolution camera and found that it took way better pictures the the X2. The X2 pictures indoors are terrible. They come out very blotchy and fuzzy no matter what I do with the settings. I called Verizon and they sent me a replacement, tried that one before I activated it and the same terrible pictures. So after another call they are sending me a third phone. I know many will say its just a camera but it is suppose to work better then the 3 mp camera that was on my env touch right? The other major downfall I discovered yesterday while I was activating the replacement. I ran a speed test while sitting next to my wireless router to see just how fast the dual core was compared to the iphone. Thinking it was going to spank it I ran the x2 first. Best results for the x2 12.12 mbps download and 1.05 mbps. Pretty good numbers I thought. No apps other then the speed test on the phone. So I decided to run the iphone 4 next. Best numbers I got 13.03 mbps on the download and 1.12 on the upload. Iphone has some apps loaded on it and even the lowest test on the iphone was better then the highest on the X2. So what gives with that? Stock to stock the X2 should smoke it right?

ckburks

Reaction score
Honestly im getting like 20m download....it should be able to connect to an n network and get over 50m....haven't figured how though.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

krazykevin76

Reaction score
D/L speeds have nothing to do with the dual core. A speed test with only 1mb difference is really nothing. I've connected to my home network and got about 17.5mb and my wife gets the same with her iphone.

barski

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I recently upgraded a X2 after a disaster with the thunderbolt. Anyway I had been sort of impressed with the phone until I ordered a Iphone 4 to replace a netbook line. Originally I had no intentions of keeping the Iphone but selling it. Unfortunately I tried out the lower resolution camera and found that it took way better pictures the the X2. The X2 pictures indoors are terrible. They come out very blotchy and fuzzy no matter what I do with the settings. I called Verizon and they sent me a replacement, tried that one before I activated it and the same terrible pictures. So after another call they are sending me a third phone. I know many will say its just a camera but it is suppose to work better then the 3 mp camera that was on my env touch right? The other major downfall I discovered yesterday while I was activating the replacement. I ran a speed test while sitting next to my wireless router to see just how fast the dual core was compared to the iphone. Thinking it was going to spank it I ran the x2 first. Best results for the x2 12.12 mbps download and 1.05 mbps. Pretty good numbers I thought. No apps other then the speed test on the phone. So I decided to run the iphone 4 next. Best numbers I got 13.03 mbps on the download and 1.12 on the upload. Iphone has some apps loaded on it and even the lowest test on the iphone was better then the highest on the X2. So what gives with that? Stock to stock the X2 should smoke it right?

Dual core doesn't have anything to do with your download speed. My quad core laptop gets the same download speed as my Droid X (single core) over wireless.

Where you will see the difference in performance will be when loading apps, and playing high demanding games. Right now the Droid X2 kinda sucks, gingerbread will really wake this thing up.

With 12-13mb down, 1mb difference won't even be noticed.

OP
T

trackweapon

Reaction score
Well that's kind of good to hear except the Iphone loads apps, web and video faster. I am at a loss, but they did say that after 4 or 5 phones I can get a different one. So here is hoping the Samsung Galaxy is out by then or the camera works on the next one. That's more important to me then the speed.

vvildcard

Reaction score
Congratulations on proving exactly what everyone already knew: Stock iPhone is better than stock Droids. If you are not going to mod your phone and you're not going to be doing anything that goes beyond texting, web browsing and taking photos, the iPhone is better for you... but this isn't exactly breaking news. The power of Android is in root access and freeing the user to do what they want.