1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Camera issue

Discussion in 'Droid X Tech Support' started by davesarnoff, Oct 16, 2010.

1. davesarnoff

davesarnoff New Member

Hi,

When I go into my apps screen and tap the camera icon, I get sent back to my home screen and the camera does not turn on. I usually have to turn off the phone for this to correct itself. Same goes for the camcorder button.

Is this a defect or is something on that is disabling the camera feature that might be on?

Thanks,

Dave
  2. randyb69

randyb69 New Member

Are you rooted? I am rooted and have had that issue since installing the rubix rom. I have found that going into the permissions in root explorer can fix the issue.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  3. pcandroid

pcandroid New Member

I am having the same issue and have been look for a camera.apk and cant find one. Doesnt appear i have a camera in my system files.
  4. phatkat66

phatkat66 New Member

I am also having the same issues except sometimes the camera works after multiple battery pulls.....