camera issue

bigalnash

Reaction score
just curious if anyone else has this issue. i open camera app and the phone makes a clicking noise from interally inside the phone

semisilentbob

Reaction score
My Droid does the same thing. I thought it was normal since it does it when I open my Bar Code Scanner app as well that uses the camera.

Bob

zegolf

Reaction score
My Droid does the same thing. I thought it was normal since it does it when I open my Bar Code Scanner app as well that uses the camera.

Bob

I believe it's just the hardware kicking on so that the focus features (which you'll hear make noise as well) can work. It keeps the camera powered down unless you're using it to conserve battery.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Bob

I believe it's just the hardware kicking on so that the focus features (which you'll hear make noise as well) can work. It keeps the camera powered down unless you're using it to conserve battery.

I believe this is correct, similar to how a normal camera works. When you first power it on, it does that lens in and out, this is the same way. If you watch the lens on the back of it, it pops out and goes back in.

zegolf

Reaction score

Bob

I believe this is correct, similar to how a normal camera works. When you first power it on, it does that lens in and out, this is the same way. If you watch the lens on the back of it, it pops out and goes back in.

That's not the lens popping in and out. That's the Droid blinking as it prepares for assimilation...:motdroidvert: