Camera force closing

hkwise01

Reaction score
Every time I try to open my camera it flashes a black screen then immediately returns to the home screen. Only after restarting my phone will it open ONCE before it starts acting up again. Is anyone else having the same issue?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Bigbootyman

Reaction score
Uhhh.....do you have a Rezound or an Incredible as your profile suggests? Are you rooted and running a custom rom? Do you have Titanium Backup and recently froze some items? All of these things are helpful to post, if you would like fast and accurate help, otherwise it's a lot of guessing. Without knowing the above, I would suggest a battery pull. If rooted and if you haven't frozen anything, try recovery (assuming you have Clockwork or Amon Ra) and wipe cache and also dalvik cache, then reboot. First try these and report back.

OP
hkwise01

hkwise01

Reaction score
Sorry for the confusion. I recently upgraded from a og incredible to a rezound. The phone is stock, not rooted. I pulled the battery and it seems to have helped. Thanks for the input.

acousticshade

Reaction score
My camera did that today, but came back after I opened up another camera app (paper camera). Paper camera said it couldn't open because the camera was in use by another app. Once I went back to the original camera, it came back up but then said that I couldn't use the flash because the battery was too low. Was your battery low by chance?

acousticshade

Reaction score
hmmm, I had the same thing happen again today. It happened shortly after I set the flash on using the stock camera. I had taken several flash pictures, then all of a sudden, it shut down in the middle of a photo and wouldn't come back. Battery pull fixed the problem. Wondering if anyone else has had this issue.

OP
hkwise01

hkwise01

Reaction score
I'm running the ics leak now and no longer have issues with my camera. On the occasions that it did mess up I restarted the phone (battery pull) and resolved the issue.

acousticshade

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone else is having this issue. I haven't had the camera freeze for awhile, then it did agan today 4 different times. Seems to happen only when I try to take a photo using a short press on the shutter button. I've never had it happen when I use the long press to fully refocus and take the shot. It also seems to only happen when the camera uses the flash (or possibly when it has to 'decide' whether to use the flash) since I've only had it happen in darker or overcast locations. I believe it is a camera bug, but one that is possibly triggered when the phone is trying to do other things in the background that might be taking up a lot of resources. I am also in fairly rural areas when this happens, so it might be tied to the radios trying to pull in a weak signal.

Going to do some more testing in the next few days to see if I can recreate the problem again.