bladerunn3r

Reaction score
WTF!??? IM on vacation!?????? What the Frick..... Help please

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

OP
bladerunn3r

bladerunn3r

Reaction score
WTF I bought this phone for the camera.... And now it's force closing on all pictures!!????? On my vacation....

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Are you able to open the Gallery? If that FC's aswell then you might have a corrupt image. Use a file manager to browse your Camera/DCIM folder for any files/images you're not familiar with or remember taking.

OP
bladerunn3r

bladerunn3r

Reaction score
Well I WAS able to open my gallery.... However, it must have been that one of the images, or videos was corrupt, because once I deleted EVERYTHING in my freakin gallery... I was able to use my camera again. Frickin BS though. It's ridiculous that such a thing happens... And I still can't get back those moments I wasn't able to capture...

REGARDLESS... thank you friends for helping and saving what could, and would have been a disastrous weekend. I haven't seen my friends in years, and can try to make up for it tomorrow!!

Cheers!

Volkaru

Reaction score
I had the same issue at some point, was afraid I was gonna have to factory reset or send my phone back, It seems that something can make the camera force close after a couple seconds when it tries to do the initial auto-focus. What fixed it for me was DLing a different camera app (I got the one that came with light box) that one worked fine with me, snapped a couple shots, restarted my phone, then lo-and-behold, the stock camera app was working again. Not exactly sure what caused the problem, or if what I did was what fixed it. (just rebooting, battery pulling, etc multiple times before that had no effect on alleviating the issue.)

aqworldthunder

Darth Droid
Reaction score
Factory Reset, If rebooting doesn't work.

-AqworldThunder ;) ^…^ ¶.¶ *.* Thank me if i helped please!

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Well I WAS able to open my gallery.... However, it must have been that one of the images, or videos was corrupt, because once I deleted EVERYTHING in my freakin gallery... I was able to use my camera again. Frickin BS though. It's ridiculous that such a thing happens... And I still can't get back those moments I wasn't able to capture...

REGARDLESS... thank you friends for helping and saving what could, and would have been a disastrous weekend. I haven't seen my friends in years, and can try to make up for it tomorrow!!

Cheers!

Sorry you lost your pics but glad you got the camera working again. If this happens again, just be sure to check the files thouroughly and delete any unkown files. That way you won't have delete everything. Best of luck and have fun with your friends! :biggrin:

masterpsychosis

Reaction score
I figured out the HTC Rezound camera problem!!!

;) Okay, after multiple returns and having the 4th Rezound i thought i was loosing my mind.. first i thought it was a app. I had camera scanner and was sure that was the culprit but i now know.. I downloaded a video from youtube to my htc rezound and the format was not mp4 i think it was flv which is the format youtube uses.. so when i hooked my phone up to the pc and transferred that file it was viewable.. i could watch it.. but the camera was ruined!! After two seconds when it focused it would close out on me!! So after factory resets, clearing my sd card, none of that worked and realized it was over a silly unsupported video.. i googled the crap out of this and could not find it anywhere.. so beware downloading videos from 3rd party devices or using a youtube downloader on your pc and transferring that to your Rezound.. if you do make sure its converted to mp4! I have narrowed it painfully down to this problem. I dont understand how that would effect the camera application but for some reason it does.. my droid1, droidx1, and bionic never had this problem so im wondering if this snapdragon processor has something to do with it...so be careful putting multimedia from pc to rezound. I hope this helps somebody because this was a nightmare for me.. i literally signed up on this forum just so i can explain this problem.

steven.rn

Reaction score
;) Okay, after multiple returns and having the 4th Rezound i thought i was loosing my mind.. first i thought it was a app. I had camera scanner and was sure that was the culprit but i now know.. I downloaded a video from youtube to my htc rezound and the format was not mp4 i think it was flv which is the format youtube uses.. so when i hooked my phone up to the pc and transferred that file it was viewable.. i could watch it.. but the camera was ruined!! After two seconds when it focused it would close out on me!! So after factory resets, clearing my sd card, none of that worked and realized it was over a silly unsupported video.. i googled the crap out of this and could not find it anywhere.. so beware downloading videos from 3rd party devices or using a youtube downloader on your pc and transferring that to your Rezound.. if you do make sure its converted to mp4! I have narrowed it painfully down to this problem. I dont understand how that would effect the camera application but for some reason it does.. my droid1, droidx1, and bionic never had this problem so im wondering if this snapdragon processor has something to do with it...so be careful putting multimedia from pc to rezound. I hope this helps somebody because this was a nightmare
for me.. i literally signed up on this forum just so i can explain this problem.

I just got my new Rezound today. I popped in the sd card from my old Bionic.

the camera was failing out of the box. I read your post and deleted the old movies that were in the gallery folder.

bingo, the camera works like a charm. Thank you very much for your post, you probably save me a week of tearing my hair out!

neva4self

Reaction score
;) Okay, after multiple returns and having the 4th Rezound i thought i was loosing my mind.. first i thought it was a app. I had camera scanner and was sure that was the culprit but i now know.. I downloaded a video from youtube to my htc rezound and the format was not mp4 i think it was flv which is the format youtube uses.. so when i hooked my phone up to the pc and transferred that file it was viewable.. i could watch it.. but the camera was ruined!! After two seconds when it focused it would close out on me!! So after factory resets, clearing my sd card, none of that worked and realized it was over a silly unsupported video.. i googled the crap out of this and could not find it anywhere.. so beware downloading videos from 3rd party devices or using a youtube downloader on your pc and transferring that to your Rezound.. if you do make sure its converted to mp4! I have narrowed it painfully down to this problem. I dont understand how that would effect the camera application but for some reason it does.. my droid1, droidx1, and bionic never had this problem so im wondering if this snapdragon processor has something to do with it...so be careful putting multimedia from pc to rezound. I hope this helps somebody because this was a nightmare for me.. i literally signed up on this forum just so i can explain this problem.

THANK YOU!! This problem was so frustrating for me that I almost returned my Rezound. You would think being that YOU were having this problem more than a month before I did, and I'm pretty sure countless others have had the same problem, that Verizon employees would have been advised of the problem and the temporary resolution by now. I have recently upgraded from a Droid Bionic to the Rezound and sure enough I had the same issues with the camera. When I got the Rezound I took my micro sd card out of my Bionic and popped it in my Rezound then after activation I started taking the phone through the usual new phone paces such as customizing the home screens, ringtones, settings and so on. As soon as I tried to test the camera, it would start, attempt to auto focus and force close back to the home screen. I couldn't figure out why since I have no apps that interfere with camera operation. So I took the phone into a Verizon store where no one seemed to have ever seen this problem before, so they ordered me a replacement device. After seeing this post later that night, I transferred all of the videos on my micro sd card from the micro sd to my cpu, essentially deleting the videos from the micro sd card, and ta-da WORKING CAMERA!! The crazy thing is that all of the videos on my micro sd card were recorded with my Bionic so whatever the problem is with the Rezound, it just doesn't play nice with video from other sources period. I even made sure all of the file extensions on the videos were mp4 and still the camera will shut down. C'mon HTC most of those videos are of my newborn, now I can't show off video of my princess to friends and family? lol This is almost an unacceptable problem and probably a deal breaker for some. HTC, you have been making phones, and good phones at that, way too long to have a problem like this slip through the cracks. The only reason I can deal with keeping the Rezound with a problem like this is that apparently the new Ice Cream Sandwich update supposedly fixes this camera problem, as a matter of fact the already leaked versions of Ice Cream Sandwich which also upgrades HTC Sense to 3.6 supposedly fixes the problem. Since I am not running the leaked version of ICS and I do not intend to unless the official version gets scrapped. All I can say is "LET'S GET IT TOGETHER VERIZON AND HTC, THE UPDATE IS LONG OVERDUE!!"

acousticshade

Reaction score
Nice discovery Psychosis & welcome to the forums. I've never had that issue, but I've had the camera crash a few times where the screen goes black & a battery pull is the only way to get it back. Seems to happen only when I do a short press on the shutter button and the camera has to decide if it still needs to focus or use the flash. A long press to fully refocus seems to work fine and this only seems to happen on the stock camera.