Camera focus noise

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I searched around and didn't notice this mentioned anywhere. The auto-focus seems to make not alot of noise but can definately hear the mechanism move. Wondering how much noise if any is normal?

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I searched around and didn't notice this mentioned anywhere. The auto-focus seems to make not alot of noise but can definately hear the mechanism move. Wondering how much noise if any is normal?

i get that too. it's been mentioned numerous times as "clicking", not sure if it's prevalent on 100% of phones, but it is common.

OP
jstafford1

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Ok thanks, I didn't find it through the search. Glad to know it's at least quasi normal.

MAzing87

Reaction score
I think every Droid does this. It's a bit annoying to hear. I'll be more happy once the auto focus works.

kcook323

Reaction score
You know, I just got my phone yesterday and I don't remember hearing it, but then today, I d/l the fx camera (free version) and I noticed now my camera makes an auto-focus noise. I deleted the fx camera thingy, but my phone still makes the noise when I use my camera.

B1GJ4K3

Reaction score
I'm getting this same clicking noise when I turn on and off the camera. I figured it was a normal sound. I figure it helps let me know when the camera turns on.