camera fix

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by droidfreak, Dec 20, 2009.

1. droidfreak

droidfreak New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Is there anything to do to improve the Camera quality? I see posts on this but still confused. Any market app's or setting changes? This is something that amazes me to be so poor on such an otherwise great phone. Thanks.:)

2. pandroid

pandroid Theme Developer
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    not really... probably will have to wait for a firmware update or do it yourself. i know it can be improved via software since google goggles seems to take crisper pictures in the dark then the standard photo app.

but in my opinion the camera is great. 100x better then my g1. im not complaining a bit.

but im not going to spit at a quality improvement

3. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +0
    the apps for the camera can improve speed and function of the camera (photo editing and what not) but not improve camera picture quality.

4. mjs31

mjs31 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Like Martin said...I have a couple of apps that do help with speed and make editing easier, but you will not improve what is already in place. I also believe the camera sucks in lower light situations. For them to commercially brag about a 5mp camera and then put this out is kind of upsetting. Some have said that you should not expect to take great pictures with a cell phone and I compeletely agree, I just want it to be on par with many other phones. In daylight...it is. Lower light or indoors...not even close.

5. tony1208

tony1208 Member

Ratings:
    +0

My old blackberry storms 3.2mp camera took 100x more crisper pictures than our droids,hell my old palm centro 's 1.3 mp camera took better pics than the droid haha but oh well what can you do .....I still love my droid..:)

6. Martin030908

Ratings:
    +0
    in really low light my Droid has left something to be desired for clarity with pictures but with even a little light, or normal light... the Droid's clarity for me has been way better than my Storm's. As the consensus has said over and over... the Droid camera struggles in low light.

7. _33

_33 Active Member

Ratings:
    +15
    Sadly, one of the main reasons I grabbed a Droid was because of the camera. I have taken maybe 30 pics so far and 3 have come out amazing! The rest of them are grainy and worthless. It has to be something they can fix. I really need the camera to work well.

I just did some stone facing on a gas insert fireplace. I took 10 pics of it and none came out right. I go outside and take a pic of some pebbles in the home owners garden and it looked better than my real digi cam could have done. It is the only thing about the Droid that makes me unhappy. Otherwise, best device I could have imagined!

8. sillyrabbitt123

Ratings:
    +0
    agreed the camera is worthless for point and shot no brainer shots they dont all come out. if your good with photography etc.. maybe you can tweak it and get better shots then bad ones. but again for no nothings that want to point and shoot :(

i have found for me pro camera zoom 5x takes better shots then stock.

9. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    I'm just not much in the way of photography I guess because the pictures look just fine to me. As sharp or sharper then my S2. Also it takes pictures in the dark! Try that with a Storm.

10. jigsawkilr

jigsawkilr Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This thing has a camera? WOW. I guess that shows how much I have used it. I think I may have taken 2 pics with it since launch. Ohh well.

11. Martin030908

Ratings:
    +0
    at least the speed has improved a little since the 2.0.1 update... hopefully we'll see some more advancement with the update in Jan.

12. darreno1

darreno1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My only complaint is the noise in low light situations. I think they can fix that, if not with a firmware update, with some post processing software.

Search tags for this page

best android grainy photo repair apps

how to improve the motorola droid camera awesome

improve droid x camera

motorola droid x2 camera fix