Camera Fix and it works

Status
Not open for further replies.

sir

Reaction score
i would assume that would be the case. it seems a bit odd that they'd build in a backdoor auto-update service on a phone.

but one of two things happened:

1) they updated it
2) hundreds of thousands of people all wiped their camera lens clean at the same time (and never in their time using it accidentally wiped it off putting it in their camera or anything like that) and all had overwhelmingly large margins of success compared to previous attempts.

#1 seems more plausible.

joegrind

Reaction score
i would assume that would be the case. it seems a bit odd that they'd build in a backdoor auto-update service on a phone.

but one of two things happened:

1) they updated it
2) hundreds of thousands of people all wiped their camera lens clean at the same time (and never in their time using it accidentally wiped it off putting it in their camera or anything like that) and all had overwhelmingly large margins of success compared to previous attempts.

#1 seems more plausible.
hey...it's a Droid...maybe they all woke up and extended their robotic arm/ windex last night

wsbsteven

Reaction score
John 9:25 in the camera issue's context:

"Whether it was a secret update or not, I don't know. One thing I do know. My camera was blind but now it sees!"

moto1

Reaction score
last night i was downloading apps, and i noticed something else was downloading as well that wasnt named so i thought nothing of it, i figured it was just something for 1 of my apps , guessing it was a camera fix update now

raydog153

Reaction score
Ya, I distinctly remember being at a soccer game and wiping my lens for a couple minutes, looked like there was a film on it and I couldn't quite get it off, event after that I couldn't get it to focus no matter what I did, maybe 30% of the time it worked. Now it works 100%. It is not cleaning the lens, else I would have fixed it before.

Just looked at my lens, it's dirty, yet working fine.

raydog153

Reaction score
BTW: Dows this camera have zoom? I installed another camera app, and it doesn't zoom at all. And the zoom on the original camera app looks like it is just digital zoom?

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
the camera has zoom, lol... there is a touch interface with a (+) and (-)....

mitchb2

Reaction score

Ah, thanks. Lessons learned these past few days: when in doubt, tap the screen or the Menu button for more options. :)

A user guide would have been nice. Even the PDF user guide I found doesn't mention zoom.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
So has anyone decided whether this actually fixed the focus issues or if it the update just did away with the red corners (even if it isn't able to focus) so that it shows green every time?

mitchb2

Reaction score
So has anyone decided whether this actually fixed the focus issues

I've been snapping all sort of pix around the house, and the autofocus seems to lock on right away. I can't get barcode scanning to work, though. Too bad the barcode apps can't illuminate the barcode with the built-in LEDs.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

Ah, thanks. Lessons learned these past few days: when in doubt, tap the screen or the Menu button for more options. :)

A user guide would have been nice. Even the PDF user guide I found doesn't mention zoom.

yeah Motorola deciding not to make a user guide for initial shipment is preposterous... but i rather have the phone now, than wait for a few extra weeks while they work on a guide :icon_ banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.