Camera Fix and it works

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickjames29

Reaction score
Ya I didnt touch the lens and it focus great right now, the pictures are awesome looking, maybe some body can do some comparisons with iPhone or other phones just for fun, Id wanna see how big of a difference this makes.

SwordOfWar

Reaction score
Not sure if it was the update or not. But I did see a performance boost in barcode detection after cleaning the camera shield with a q-tip and some alchohol.

I also don't hear any noises coming from the camera anymore either. Before I would hear small clicking sounds coming from inside the phone whenever I used a barcode scanner ow when i stuck my hand infront of the camera closely.

Cleaning it still helps it work a bit better, but its possible that a silent update ultimately fixed the phone.

Now, I've also done a factory data reset a few hours ago, due to my phone constantly restarting. The factory reset fixed the restarting, and might have helped fix this also.

Either way, I recommend a factory reset and camera cleaning to those having issues with the phone and/or the camera. Seems to have fixed all my problems with the phone.

SwordOfWar

Reaction score
Please be careful with that alcohol.
Dont get it to the inside of the Phone!

Just wanted to say that, pls remember!

I held the camera facing down when I used the Q-tip with alchohol on it. That way it wouldn't fall into the phone's cracks.

Alchhol evaporates faster than water anyway :)

jlank

Reaction score
I just wiped my lens really well with my cleaning cloth and viola green corners everytime and on the first try. Go figure!!

samredman

Reaction score
Can they "push" updates? If so, that's wonderful... either way, the cleaning is a great ceremonial action in and of itself... sort of like a religious ablution (I used alcohol... maybe that's the wine). My camera seems now to have been "healed."

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
YES! They can push updates. Nothing else is done on your normal linux. You update "over the air" meaning you use a internetconnection. So the phone just fully downloades the update, and then starts to install. That can be forced by provider.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
They can but it's still strange that nothing in terms of firmware or build had changed.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
YES! They can push updates. Nothing else is done on your normal linux. You update "over the air" meaning you use a internetconnection. So the phone just fully downloades the update, and then starts to install. That can be forced by provider.

Yes it can be done, but "normally" you would see atleast a reboot of the device after the update is installed. "Normally"! Maybe the OS is that good where all of us wouldn't notice :)

lauriep

Reaction score
Mine now works, too, after never having gotten green corners.

I have also noticed that the media dock screen is working differently than it did when I got it. I use the alarm, and it would always stay on the same screen (digital clock) while alarm sounded. Now, it switches to an analog clock view while alarm sounds, then reverts to digital when I hit snooze. I have changed no settings, only added apps, but no clock/weather apps.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Autofocus works 100% of the time now. Motorola/Google what have you been hiding from us? :D :D :D :D

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net

Yes it can be done, but "normally" you would see atleast a reboot of the device after the update is installed. "Normally"! Maybe the OS is that good where all of us wouldn't notice :)

Not for all updates / fixes a reboot is needed like "normally" :D :D :icon_ banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.