Camera Fix and it works

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JohnDroid

I wonder if they can update settings over the phone, without necessarily bumping the firmware, etc... almost like a binary patch without our knowledge.

superglen99

Reaction score
But the camera still takes forever to reload when you take a picture. Will this be fixed in the ota update or has anyone found an app for this?

akj27

Reaction score
I don't know what you guys are talking about. My camera is still taking crappy pictures.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I wonder if they can update settings over the phone, without necessarily bumping the firmware, etc... almost like a binary patch without our knowledge.

I would imagine not, because it would no longer be that build, unless they rebuilt it and resent it out with the fix in it. (Not even sure that's possible)

kevin1016

Reaction score
I didn't touch my lens and now it works great. Has to be an update.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I didn't touch my lens and now it works great. Has to be an update.

It is possible. I'm not saying it's not, just strange that they wouldn't say that they sent it out, and that none of our firmwares or builds changed. I'd imagine that if they sent something out to fix the camera, they would take credit for it lol.

ChrisK15

Reaction score
It has to be a silent update. I've been cleaning my phone/lens constantly since I got it when it came out, and I always got red bars. Earlier tonight I noticed that I got green bars, and I went to post something about it here and saw this thread. I even rubbed the lens with my finger and it still worked.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It has to be a silent update. I've been cleaning my phone/lens constantly since I got it when it came out, and I always got red bars. Earlier tonight I noticed that I got green bars, and I went to post something about it here and saw this thread. I even rubbed the lens with my finger and it still worked.

Actually you know what... i think you might be right, thinking back about 4-5 hours, i was calling my girlfriend, and after 2 rings it hung up, she got on aim to tell me that she couldn't call my phone, even though i had full bars. She said it went straight to voicemail, calling her did the same thing. So i restarted the phone and everything was working again. This could have been a possible update.

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

Actually you know what... i think you might be right, thinking back about 4-5 hours, i was calling my girlfriend, and after 2 rings it hung up, she got on aim to tell me that she couldn't call my phone, even though i had full bars. She said it went straight to voicemail, calling her did the same thing. So i restarted the phone and everything was working again. This could have been a possible update.
I'm trying to figure out how the heck they would push a firmware update without an install option.

Not saying that it couldn't but I do not see how a firmware update can just be pushed AND installed on a device.

What am I missing here?

ChrisK15

Reaction score
I think it might be the same way that the home screen rotate broke. Nobody knew that it updated, but it suddenly stopped working.

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I think it might be the same way that the home screen rotate broke. Nobody knew that it updated, but it suddenly stopped working.
lol...it didn't break. The homescreen NEVER rotated into landscape without the keyboard being deployed.

People can swear up and down but they simply did not pay attention. They assumed it would but then when they payed attention they found out it did not rotate.

ChrisK15

Reaction score
Have you seen how many people have said that it did rotate at one point, then stopped? There's even a video of some guy's Droid still rotating properly. It's apparent that Motorola/Verizon/Google know how to do silent updates, and I expect them to do it more. Just because it never happened to some people doesn't mean it never happened at all.

Droider

Reaction score
Maybe Android 2.0 does permit silent updates of some sort. They wouldn't necessarily be full firmware updates but perhaps small fixes to the camera app, etc. Something the provider can do in between the big 200MB firmware updates that require 20 minutes to download and apply.

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Look at all the pre-release videos Chris. Everyone of them showed the homescreen orientating when the keyboard was deployed.

They designed it that way and since you insist on pursuing this issue I will show you that you are wrong.

and in regards to those pics you are referring to. That is easy to replicate.

Pull out your keyboard in landscape mode and shut it real quick...you will notice there is a lag before it corrects itself. The person took the photo before it reorientated.

Anyway, this was posted in the Motorola Support forums. It's obvious you are not going to listen to me so maybe if you read up on the issue you will learn something. I will post the link after so that you may read the entire thread if you desire.

jmm -- I work for Motorola. I have posted on this thread several times. However, I know the thread is long so I will reiterate my previous posts.

1. We are very aware of this thread and the points raised here.
  2. We are eager to see this performance in action, though we understand that is not an easy request. Nevertheless, documentation of this would be very valuable. This desire to verify this Droid behavior in no way is meant to imply that it isn't happening. It would help us understand what is happening.
  3. The no-rotatation on the home panel and other well-documented panels is the expected behavior of the Droid. This is in no way to imply that landscape rotation on these panels may not be desireable.
  4. There have been no software updates to any Droids sold to consumers since the launch, secret or otherwise.

I will add a couple of things. One, the Droid has been out only about 10 days and we are still getting our arms around all this feedback. This may be changed soon or it may never be changed, but it's impossible to know today. Two, this forum is here for your feedback. If you don't like this feature or behaviour, post your opinion. Maybe you have felt that your opinions aren't being heard on this thread. If that's the case, my apologies.

Okay, rip me apart!

***Here is the link to thread***

DAW

Reaction score
Didn't do anything different to my phone getting green corners now none before. Just yesterday always red tonight always green. Also did the shop savy update. Who knows what's going on but I am glad so many are now getting better focus.

Status
Not open for further replies.