1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Camera Does Not Save Photo, occasionally

Discussion in 'Droid 4 Tech Support' started by Ricebandit, May 4, 2012.

1. Ricebandit

Ricebandit New Member

I've been running into an issue where sometimes, my camera does not save pictures I've taken. When I open my gallery, there is a black space where the picture thumbnail should be. If I click that black space, "File failed to load." Is displayed. I have my settings set to save to my SD card, and I have a feeling this may be due to a latency issue?

Is anybody else encountering this issue?
  2. brandoj

brandoj New Member

I too have camera /sd card saving problems. Some pictures are view-able while some are not. The phone seems to randomly change the size of the pictures too. Right after I take the picture, everything is normal. I can view it on the phone, drag it larger and navigate around the pic. I go to look at it the next day , it suddenly is just a thumbnail and cannot be enlarged at all.What gives?? This is extremely frustrating because there's pictures I haven't transferred to my laptop yet that are now "corrupted" either shrunken down to a thumbnail size or not able to open at all! I am getting very discouraged with the Motorola droid platform as this problem started with my Droid Pro. I thought going to the latest and greatest Droid 4 would be the trick, I thought wrong.
  3. Ricebandit

Ricebandit New Member

I actually ended up downloading Camera Zoom FX ($3 app), and just straight up replaced it as my default camera. So far, it's been flawless. Additionally, I also downloaded QuickPix, a gallery app. It kicks ass, is simple enough to use, and is pretty nicely organized.
Search tags for this page
camera fails to save pictures
droid 4 black instead of images not saving
droid fail to save photo
droid incredible camera not saving pictures

droid incredible not saving pictures

htc droid incredible does not save photos
my camera is not saving pics in gallery on my android phone
my droid camera will not save photos to gallery
my droid incredible not storing pictures
pictures are not saving in my droid
saving photos on droid 4