Camera Details From HTC's Next Flagship Leaked: 13MP, OIS, RAW Images

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
htc-teases-x9.jpg

Some new details regarding the camera on HTC's next flagship have hit the web. According to the leaked intel, HTC's device will include a brand new and enhanced camera. It will supposedly be 13MP, will be able to output images in their pure RAW format, and will also include OIS.

The leaked marketing doc makes it obvious that this phone will actually be a followup to HTC's successful One A9. It will supposedly include the following internals:
  • 5.5-inch 1080p display
  • 2.2GHz octa-core chipset
  • 2GB RAM
  • 16GB of native storage
  • A microSD card slot
We are hearing whispers on the wind that this device will be called the HTC One X9 (as we have seen rumors of before). We will keep an eye out for any additional details that might clarify things.

Source: Weibo

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
And a small battery. :rolleyes::p:D

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
On a serious note, I'm glad to see HTC trying to improve on their cameras.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
Bye Bye HTC

Seriously if this is what they are calling their flagship for 2016 they should just close the doors now.
  • 5.5-inch 1080p display -------while i think 1080P is fine for a phone many dont like to go backwards.
  • 2.2GHz octa-core chipset 820 (is reported at 3ghz. while im sure it will release at slower speeds 2.2 doesnt sound like a 820)
  • 2GB RAM (again)
  • 16GB of native storage (a joke)
  • A microSD card slot (ok(
only thing that would make this phone a possible success would be to sell at $300

which is doubtful. and while its nice to improve their camera its most likely still way behind everyone else unless they come up with some super surprise.

Seriously please explain to me what i am missing for anyone that thinks this description of a phone in 2016 has a reason to be released at all. overseas? giving up on us sales? or are they going with the 300 low-mid range phone market?

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
Ok after doing some research here is what i found.
apparently there will be a 3gig ram and 32 gig storage option. (so thats good now) also 3,000mAh battery with the mediatek processor 1080p screen should supply adequate battery life depending on Sense drag on battery.

this phone will have two different versions that will feature 2GB or 3GB of RAM with 16GB or 32GB of storage. A 5.5-inch 1080p display, MediaTek Helio X10 MT6795 processor, microSD card slot, UltraPixel front-facing camera, The 13-megapixel rear camera with OIS as stated in the OP, 3,000mAh battery and front speakers with "boom sound"

the processor is a mediaTek
here is information and benchmarks against a snapdragon 810 (not looking good against a 820 at all, didnt even look good against the 810)
Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 vs MediaTek MT6795 Helio X10 – specs, benchmark results and temperatures

So with the higher spec'ed one it will be an adequate phone but far from anything you'd call a flagship for 2016.

Think price would be the thing that would make this sell in any needed amount.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
^ Good to know that they'll have a higher end spec'd version.

Thanks @eagle1967