Camera constantly turns on

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by JaketheDog, Feb 28, 2010.

1. JaketheDog

JaketheDog New Member

My camera randomly turns itself on almost constantly now. im lucky if I can get through a minute of use without it going into camera mode. IT gets especially bad when im using the browser or email. Anyone had a similiar issue.
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Hey Jake. :welcome: to the forum. Just checked to see if maybe my camera runs in the background. It doesn't.

Are you sure you don't have a camera icon on your home page that isn't turning it on accidentally? Touch screen, as you know is very sensitive.
  3. JaketheDog

JaketheDog New Member

First thing I did was move my camera icon off my main screen and that did not fix the issue. I booted in safe mode and the issue continued so I've been going through apps and deleting those that I thought could be an issue. After I deleted the talk to me keyboard app I've gone about 5 minutes of browsing with no issue so fingers crossed it is resolved. If it starts up again I will edit this post.

Got about an hour of use before the camera started opening back up. After it opens and I end out of it camera still shows being in use by advanced task killer. I also noticed that advanced task killer shows alot of functions open that I never opened. For example last time I went to kill the camera it also showed that Car Home, Settings, and Email were open. I had not opened any of them I was just using the browser.
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2010
  4. bradford88

bradford88 New Member

Are you sure your school isn't spying on you?
  5. cpinto

cpinto Member

I'm having the same problem, but I know the cause.

All 3 buttons on my Droid are getting loose. The camera button especially. It's been getting worse over time. Now that gold button is almost flush with the surface, and just a tap will engage it, or holding it wrong will launch the camera app.

It's about 6 weeks old.

Love the Droid, but the buttons are poor quality. Volume button is also loose, so I'm constanly turning the volume to silent.

Craig
Search tags for this page
android camera opens randomly
android camera turns itself

android camera turns on by itself

android camera turns on by itself 2014

camera turns on by itself

droid 2 camera turns on by itself
droid camera starts by itself

droid camera turns on by itself

droid x camera turns on by itself
my phone's camera keeps turning on