Camera constantly turns on

JaketheDog

Reaction score
My camera randomly turns itself on almost constantly now. im lucky if I can get through a minute of use without it going into camera mode. IT gets especially bad when im using the browser or email. Anyone had a similiar issue.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My camera randomly turns itself on almost constantly now. im lucky if I can get through a minute of use without it going into camera mode. IT gets especially bad when im using the browser or email. Anyone had a similiar issue.

Hey Jake. :welcome: to the forum. Just checked to see if maybe my camera runs in the background. It doesn't.

Are you sure you don't have a camera icon on your home page that isn't turning it on accidentally? Touch screen, as you know is very sensitive.

OP
J

JaketheDog

Reaction score
First thing I did was move my camera icon off my main screen and that did not fix the issue. I booted in safe mode and the issue continued so I've been going through apps and deleting those that I thought could be an issue. After I deleted the talk to me keyboard app I've gone about 5 minutes of browsing with no issue so fingers crossed it is resolved. If it starts up again I will edit this post.

Got about an hour of use before the camera started opening back up. After it opens and I end out of it camera still shows being in use by advanced task killer. I also noticed that advanced task killer shows alot of functions open that I never opened. For example last time I went to kill the camera it also showed that Car Home, Settings, and Email were open. I had not opened any of them I was just using the browser.

Last edited:

cpinto

Reaction score

I'm having the same problem, but I know the cause.

All 3 buttons on my Droid are getting loose. The camera button especially. It's been getting worse over time. Now that gold button is almost flush with the surface, and just a tap will engage it, or holding it wrong will launch the camera app.

It's about 6 weeks old.

Love the Droid, but the buttons are poor quality. Volume button is also loose, so I'm constanly turning the volume to silent.

Craig