Camera Comparison: S7, Nexus 6P, iPhone 6S & Nokia 950

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Here's a really good comparison from Android Central with the S7, 6P, iPhone 6S Plus & Nokia 950. Article summary: All are great cameras, with some being better at certain things than others. But overall, when pressed to the choose the best overall, Android Central went with the S7 "by a hair."

Best smartphone cameras: Galaxy S7 vs. iPhone 6s vs. Nexus 6P vs. Lumia 950

Based on my experience having owned 3 of the 4 phones tested, I can say this is one of the more accurate comparisons that I've seen. I've been doing a number of tests with my S7 Edge, 6P, and iPhone 6S Plus, and the S7 Edge takes the better picture almost every time. It's also much faster when launching the camera app, focusing, and taking a picture. Stellar all-around.

wcjeep

Reaction score
To my untrained eye:

1. S7
2. Iphone
3. Nexus 6p

4. Lumia

The top three were really close with each having their strong points. The Lumia wasn't nearly as impressive as my top 3.

OP
bsweetness

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
To my untrained eye:

1. S7
2. Iphone
3. Nexus 6p

4. Lumia

The top three were really close with each having their strong points. The Lumia wasn't nearly as impressive as my top 3.

I agree with your ranking based on the shots in the article. Based on my personal experience with all but the Lumia, I'd have to go with:

1. S7
2. Nexus 6P
3. iPhone 6S Plus

While they're all close, I'd give the 6P a slight edge over the 6S Plus because of its low light capabilities.

Reactions: cr6