1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Camera causes freezing/disables buttons? (Droid)

Discussion in 'Cyanogenmod' started by SpykeZ, Apr 3, 2011.

1. SpykeZ

SpykeZ New Member

Ever since I installed cyanogen the camera is completely wonky. It's fine when starting it up but if I take a picture that's when it all goes downhill. The picture won't go to the gallery and will just completely lock up like today and had to pull the battery.

What normally happens is evertying interactive completely disables, buttons no matter what won't work. The touch buttons do absolutely nothing and don't register as being hit, again, have to pull the battery.

Once in a while I can use it with no issue but I would say 85% of the times I've used it, I end up pulling the battery.

This has been happening since RC1
  2. fish1552

fish1552 Premium Member Premium Member

Not sure this is limited to the ROM specifically. I had the same issues using other ROMs. Tried clearing all photos out, clearing cache - anything I could find on it and never did figure it out. Even did a factory reset and problem returns after working fine for a few days. My battery is so used to it, it no longer suffers from separation anxiety. :) Hope someone can offer us both a suggestion.
  3. SpykeZ

SpykeZ New Member

LMAO @ separation anxiety!

Wonder if it's a gingerbread issue because running custom roms for froyo and so forth never gave me that issue.
  4. Tanknspank

Tanknspank Beta Team Premium Member

What kind of governor or clock speed are you guys running at?
  5. SpykeZ

SpykeZ New Member

800mhz through the performance CP from CM and ondemand for the govenor
  6. Diab210

Diab210 New Member

I have had the same issue lately but it doesn't always seem to happen. I have noticed using the hardware button on the side seems to make the camera occcasionally go berserk when its trying to open (the onscreen shortcut seems to work ok though). I have also noticed the unresponsiveness and pictures no going to the gallery occasionally. Using Primes test kernel (I don't remember which one...one of the newer ones) with cyan7 build 31. Cpu is running the built in ulv and overclocked primed setting with interactive.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  7. fish1552

fish1552 Premium Member Premium Member

I was running SimplyStunning 4.9x thru SS-GB 5.x running Chevy's 1000 kernel, and I finally gave up on GB and went to RZ Rom with his 1000 kernel as of yesterday and so far, no problems.

Problems were always fixed when installing new ROMs only to return after a few days though so we'll have to see if it stays this way. Maybe something to do with cache or something that gets wiped on installs.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
Search tags for this page

camera causing phone to lock up on motorola atrix 2

camera freeze cyanogen

camera freezes on cyanogenmod

causes of old camera freezing

cyanogenmod 7 camera is freezing

cyanogenmod camera freezes

gallery freezing cynagonmed

nexus 7 camera freezing

what would cause a digital camera to freeze up