Camera button wont work in cwm or in my rom, but works to access bootloader???

pane2k

Reaction score
I can't take pictures with my red camera button in my rom, and I cannot make selections in clock work recovery, but I can access bootloader by booting holding camera button and volume down?? Also, when im in clockwork recovery if i hold volume down, and press my camera button, the selector bounces up one. So my camera button is obviously doing something. I don't know if I need to SBF. I'm not sure if it's a software issue or a hardware issue. I'm leaning toward software being I can access my bootloader, and it affects the selector in cwd, althought it won't actually make a selection.
I'm on miui 1.8.19 running clockwork 4.0.0.5. I was originally on 2.5.0.6 and it did the same thing. What's weird is, before i flased 2-init my rom manager showed i was running recovery 2.5.0.7, but when I went in to recovery it was 2.5.0.6. I reflashed cwm and it didn't make a difference. When I flashed 2-init, im now running 4.0.0.5

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance

wyld

Reaction score
I've never had to flash CWM before. My first suggestion would be a hardware malfunction with the device itself. An sbf back to stock and wipe data a couple of times and warranty it out. Or it might be a rom issue you could try a different rom see if that helps?
Using the warranty would the last choice if nothing else works!

DarkSlideX DroidX