1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Camera button wackness

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by skeye, Oct 12, 2011.

1. skeye

skeye New Member

Ever since I flashed MIUI 11.9.23 my camera button ceased to work. This made flashing out of it in a attempt to fix..... well not too shabby because of Rom Manager. Just today I had to sbf due to a ill move on my part and by some miracle of god I was able to get into the bootloader sans working camera button. Weirdermore, the camera button works on the stock recovery with the .340 sbf. tried to go back into the way of cyanogen but I still can't use the camera button in CMR and now I can't flash a rom using Rom Manager either (I get some lame error in bootstrap about the tmp.recovery file being moved to clockwork folder)

Anyone have a notion, suggested fix, size 13 boot to stomp my phone into oblivion? Thanks a bunch.
  2. jsnustad

jsnustad New Member

I have the same issue, except the camera button doesn't work even in stock recovery with the .340SBF. I am now kind of stuck on stock because so many of these .602 ROMS (MIUI) require you to flash 2 zip files while in bootstrap recovery, which is impossible with a nonworking camera button.
  3. leftspin

leftspin New Member

I remember having some issues with MIUI and the camera button, it never worked in the ROM itself but I could always still use it in CWR. I would try the SBF again if you're able to get into bootloader. Some ROMs come with a reboot>bootloader option when you hold down the power button
  4. Nemo Aeternamn

Nemo Aeternamn Droid X Rescue Squad Premium Member

one thing i've noticed... is the camera button isn't needed to get into bootloader mode... all i have to press it both volume buttons and power... and it works just fine
  5. leftspin

leftspin New Member

Just tried it, you're right!
  6. Nemo Aeternamn

Nemo Aeternamn Droid X Rescue Squad Premium Member

Good to hear it's working for more then just me : D

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer
Search tags for this page

droid 2 any button i press the camera comes on

razr maxx shaky camera buttons fix