Camera button problem

Droyd

Reaction score
My camera button on the side of my droid used to bring up my camera mode when I would keep it pressed in for a few seconds, now it brings up some kind of search screen. How do I get this button to activate camera mode, like it did originally. I cannot find where to configure this button.

Thanks

mcalhoun

Reaction score
Hmm, mine brings up email now. That is strange, has to be something in the default settings. I've done nothing to mine except rooted. Time to go digging.

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
What apps do you have installed?

Sent from my Droid using TARDIStalk

OP
D

Droyd

Reaction score
I cannot find in settings where to set this buttons function. Help............

mcalhoun

Reaction score
I figured it out. Open Handsent, touch what ever that button between the "home" and "return" buttons is (sorry, having a senior moment), Settings, Send message settings, scroll all the way to the bottom to "Trigger camera button". I had to select this, back out, go back in and deselect it again for it to work.

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
Yeah, I've learned to go into settings whenever I install a new app or update one I know wants a particular button.Usually though you get a tip off when you press the button and get asked which app you want but maybe the camera button works differently.

Sent from my Droid using TARDIStalk

OP
D

Droyd

Reaction score
I figured it out. Open Handsent, touch what ever that button between the "home" and "return" buttons is (sorry, having a senior moment), Settings, Send message settings, scroll all the way to the bottom to "Trigger camera button". I had to select this, back out, go back in and deselect it again for it to work.

Thank you So Freekin much! Problem solved.:icon_ banana:

lisa97225

Reaction score
I get as far as Settings, but I don't have Send Message Settings as an option! When I press the phone button while in camera mode it just beeps...won't take a pic.

mcalhoun

Reaction score
You can't scroll up in settings menu?

You are using Handscent correct?

Sent from my Droid