Camera Button on Droid

dj928

Reaction score
Is the gold camera button on the side of the droid supposed to be able to take a picture? It's never worked for me. If I press it, it only focuses but doesn't take a picture. If I continue to hold it, it just beeps twice at me and doesn't take a picture. Any suggestions?

D Roid

Reaction score
Older versions of the droid had the same problem, but it was supposedly fixed. Go to settings, about phone and look for 2.0.1 under firmware. You might've also been given an old phone.Take it back to the store if you still can.

This is how the camera should work.. any screen, hold the camera button and your camera will turn on. From camera icon on auto. Half push focuses, two beeps, push full snap crack pop, you've got a photo. If that's not working, then you should take it to a store bc no settings would allow no pictures. The camera is fine, just the firmware...or the software does not allow it to function to its full potential. That being said, it doesn't surprise me if it doesn't take.

good luck brother

ShowTime

Reaction score
I was having the same problem. Seemed like nearly 3 out of every 5 times, I'd hit the camera button and the screen would focus, flash would light, but wouldn't take a picture. Came here and read some related posts and experimented with the phone and realized it was all due to me not pressing the button fully. As D Roid said, make sure you're pressing the button fully and squarely, otherwise it may just focus but not capture the pic. If you're sure you're depressing the button firmly all the way and it still isn't taking the picture, might be time to take it in and have them check it out.