Camera broke

Reaction score
my camera works fine and i always wipe data then cache...
i can't imagine why that would matter though but maybe?

sephtin

Reaction score
I had the same issue also. I had 1.9.0 Rubix, then applied the patch to go to .340 from this thread:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/drod2169-x/104626-patch-focused-1-9-0-update-2-3-340-a.html

In the end, I guess I didn't read something important, or it just didn't take, but it didn't appear to update my kernel to 2.6.32.9-g55626e1. I'm assuming the ROM is built around this, but I could be wrong; hopefully someone can correct me if I am. I tried loading in a couple of the newest ROMs out there to test things out, like Fission, but they all had the broken camera too, which got me focusing on the path below.

In the end, I just loaded up the SBF, which was quick and easy, then took the OTA .340 update from Verizon (through settings). After that, I loaded up 1.9.5 and everything was smooth as could be.

I looked around for a while and didn't really find anything helpful to fix this. Hopefully this post can get you a resolution you're happy with. Good luck.

That patch ONLY updated Focused to work with the 2.3.340 kernel, it was NEVER meant to update your phone to 2.3.340 (Focused, nor that patch will touch your kernel/bootloader/baseband/etc.)

The way to verify you are properly on 2.3.340, is by checking kernel version.
If you go to about phone, and it says you have any kernel other than
2.6.32.9-g55626e1

Then you are NOT on 2.3.340.....

OP
bmali22

bmali22

Reaction score
Sephtin the kernel I'm on is the one you suggested... Should I try deleting wiping cache and data again to let you know what happens

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

sephtin

Reaction score
Sephtin the kernel I'm on is the one you suggested... Should I try deleting wiping cache and data again to let you know what happens

Ya, I would wipe cache/data, and then try reloading the ROM again... (in case mod/theme/??? something is causing it)...

OP
bmali22

bmali22

Reaction score
Now my stock rom camera don't work... It did yesterday I think the phone itself is jacked up. How can I unroot I used z4 to root

sephtin

Reaction score
Now my stock rom camera don't work... It did yesterday I think the phone itself is jacked up. How can I unroot I used z4 to root

If you open z4, it should have the option to unroot.
Removing root is basically just deleting 3 files.. and won't in any way affect your issue though):
/system/bin/su (or /system/xbin/su)
/system/xbin/busybox
/system/app/Superuser.apk

Before unrooting, make sure you try to wipe cache/data for the camera app:
Menu> Settings> Applications> Manage Applications> all tab> camera
force stop, clear cache, clear data...

Any luck?

OP
bmali22

bmali22

Reaction score
I tried clearing camera cache and still no luck... What are the exact things I need to type into terminal emulator to unroot

sephtin

Reaction score
I tried clearing camera cache and still no luck... What are the exact things I need to type into terminal emulator to unroot

in Terminal:
$ su
# rm /system/app/Superuser.apk
# rm /system/bin/su
# rm /system/xbin/su
# rm /system/xbin/busybox

Should do it (don't type the $ or #, just put those there as example as prompts.

Again, I can tell you that removing root will most certainly NOT do anything to correct this problem. The damage is done. At this point, the only thing removing those files will do, is make it harder to fix the problem if the solution were to require root. :p

So.. what is it exactly that you'd like to accomplish by removing root?

1tonyj

Reaction score
I had the same issue also. I had 1.9.0 Rubix, then applied the patch to go to .340 from this thread:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/drod2169-x/104626-patch-focused-1-9-0-update-2-3-340-a.html

In the end, I guess I didn't read something important, or it just didn't take, but it didn't appear to update my kernel to 2.6.32.9-g55626e1. I'm assuming the ROM is built around this, but I could be wrong; hopefully someone can correct me if I am. I tried loading in a couple of the newest ROMs out there to test things out, like Fission, but they all had the broken camera too, which got me focusing on the path below.

In the end, I just loaded up the SBF, which was quick and easy, then took the OTA .340 update from Verizon (through settings). After that, I loaded up 1.9.5 and everything was smooth as could be.

I looked around for a while and didn't really find anything helpful to fix this. Hopefully this post can get you a resolution you're happy with. Good luck.

That patch ONLY updated Focused to work with the 2.3.340 kernel, it was NEVER meant to update your phone to 2.3.340 (Focused, nor that patch will touch your kernel/bootloader/baseband/etc.)

The way to verify you are properly on 2.3.340, is by checking kernel version.
If you go to about phone, and it says you have any kernel other than
2.6.32.9-g55626e1

Then you are NOT on 2.3.340.....

Yea, I figured I didn't read something and jumped the gun when it wasn't working. At first read, I did think it was updating everything to .340. I figured if I misread it, there might be some others too. In the end, wasn't a big deal to get back on track with the SBF and take the OTA update.

Thanks for the clarification.

OP
bmali22

bmali22

Reaction score
Sephtin I'm sending my phone back to vzw. I just like to have it as much as stock as I can... I have no idea how to sbf

sephtin

Reaction score
Sephtin I'm sending my phone back to vzw. I just like to have it as much as stock as I can... I have no idea how to sbf

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...e-droid-x-sbf-flashing-guide.html#post1025361

I'm 99% sure that what you have is a software issue, and can confirm that by .sbf'ing. With the thread above, and maybe an hour of time, you would know for sure... Just sayin'... ;)
If you decide to give it a go, and need some help, send me a PM.

Last edited:
OP
bmali22

bmali22

Reaction score
Alright man thanks a bunch I appreciate it

Captmilk

Reaction score
I Installed 1.9.5 Stock and had no issues...until all of the sudden my camera will turn on but when a picture is taken only a black screen is shown...Did I miss a fix for this in a forum some where? I did wipe cache and data and tried to reinstall but no matter what I try the camera will not work

Reaction score

bmaili, this isn't directed specifically at you.

Guys, every time someone jacks up their phone and sends it back to Moto/VZW it's just one more justification for why they lock these things to begin with.

We take risks going custom and we need to accept those and take responsibility when we break something. It's not VZW's fault so it's not fair for them to pay for it.

I know I personally have bricked several times but it every case it was completely fixable. Just takes some time and research to get there. The community is more than willing to help at least in my experience. I have learned a lot just in the last 4 months from this forum and it's members.

Just an observation.