Camera blackness

Mykel99

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid X2
Hello. The other day I took apart my Droid X2 to replace the 2 bottom keys. Everything went well. It turned on and is working as before. I tried to take a picture and now all that I see is a black screen. The menus and the button to take a picture are there. The flash is working. But I can't see anything. It's as if someone had a finger covering the lens. When I go to the camcorder, it does the same thing except that after a minute or so a message pops up saying that is has to close down. I cleared the data from the camera app but that didn't work. I would appreciate any advice. Thanks.

P.S. I just read that I need to have as SD card installed to take pictures. But I already took 5 pictures with the phone which have already been deleted. (?)

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
If the camera worked before.. I'd think that perhaps a connection came loose or the sensor got damaged during your repair.. Have you checked your connections? Is there anything blocking the sensor inside?

As i recall, on the x2, there's a piece of glass over the camera.. Sometimes crud got into some people's and caused issues..

OP
M

Mykel99

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid X2
I have disassembled the phone a couple of times thinking that maybe a connection was loose. Everything looks like it should. I have an SD card coming in tomorrow. I'll install it and see what happens. If that doesn't work maybe I'll do a factory reset. After that, who knows!

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
The Droid x2 does not need a sd card, to use camera.

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
The Droid x has a physical camera button, the Droid X2 does not.
The the Droid x needs a sd card

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk

OP
M

Mykel99

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid X2
Thanks for that information. I did a factory reset but that didn't fix the problem. I'm still getting a black screen with onscreen buttons. Might have to take it apart again and look closer. (Ugh!)

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
I'm with the majority, something is not as it should be since the repair. Maybe you damaged a cable? Or its not connected properly.

Sent from my XT1060