Camera Autofocus Problem

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
I made a post in another thread well a kinda old thread but the only one I could find on a focusing problem. I believe the name was "fuzzy camera". Anyways my camera has been fuzzy for about 2-3 weeks and I use to be able to hear the autofocus in the camera focusing in and out when I would take a picture or especially while using a barcode scanner. Now I can't hear the auto except maybe once in every 20 tries ill be able to hear the autofocus kick in. Anyone got any suggestions onto what this problem may be? I don't know what could be causing this unless its a bad camera or maybe just somethin in the camera? I am running liberty v1.5 and I have switched between the blur camera and the aosp camera on the liberty rom. Even that hasn't helped the situation. Any comments and suggestions are appreciated

Sent from my Liberated D2

wsfanatic

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem. I got a replacement phone and loaded Liberty 1.5 and the problem started. The old phone also had Liberty 1.5 but didn't have that issue.

OP
252chevyboyz

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not too sure its Liberty but maybe the auto focus is just bad in some phone cause im on my second D2 due to the screen turning black (bad digitizer) and with my first one i had no problems either. Think that replacement phones are refurbished so do yall think it could be the fact that they have gone through the factory twice?

wsfanatic

Reaction score
I thought about that too. I'm going to SBF and see if it occurs with the stock ROM. If so, I'll get another replacement phone.

OP
252chevyboyz

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Anyone had any luck finding out what may be wrong with these cameras? and @WSF how did the sbf work?

wsfanatic

Reaction score
SBF did not fix the problem. Must be the phone. Another replacement coming later today.

OP
252chevyboyz

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Mine fibnally started workin after switching between the stock liberty camera and the blur camera. Staying with stock liberty camera for now but my auto focus will go through spurts of working

Sent from my Liberated D2

AlexSB

Reaction score
I have the same problem I think this is my 3rd? CLN Droid 2 and my previous ones all had good cameras this one just happened to be the one with the sour camera. I think its some of them, just like ive had horrible physical keyboards on my other replacements but this one turned out to be ok.

Maybe moto got lazy when it came to manufacturing these

Liberated Droid II

wsfanatic

Reaction score
I've had the worst of luck. My original phone's physical keyboard keep registering multiple presses. The first replacement had defective volume buttons--it always thought I was increasing the volume. The second replacement had the bum camera and now my third replacement, which came today, is shutting off randomly (even with the stock ROM). Hopefully the fourth is the charm.

OP
252chevyboyz

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow WSF 4th replacement is getting on up there. I hope the 4th one will be fully functional. Kinda scared to send mine back for a replacement bc usually it takes forever to find one that is close to perfect. only thing wrong with mine so far is the focus. Be nice if it was as simple as releasing an update to fix it you know?

wsfanatic

Reaction score
I wish it was a simple as an update. I'm rocking an old flip phone until Tuesday when the 4th phone gets here.