1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

camera app crashes with green screen

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 3' started by jerrt, Jul 13, 2011.

1. jerrt

jerrt New Member

if I leave the camera/camcorder app active when I lock the screen after several cycles, I will unlock the screen and it is green and if I try to restart the camera it says that it can not initialize. Very strange.

Anyone else getting this? Trying to figure out if I should get a replacement.
  2. Nolam

Nolam New Member

It didn't happen while using my camera app, but I did get some weird green screen with strange zig-zag fuzzy lines running down it when unlocking my screen and switching apps a few times. Does this sound like what you had a problem with?

Hopefully they'll fix it with an update soon I hope x.x it scares me to see this happening to a brand new phone even though I don't know what it is D:
  3. jerrt

jerrt New Member

That's exactly the screen. But because it happened while trying to use my camera I noticed that it would say "unable to initialize". I will keep an eye on it. It hasn't happed since 2 days ago so maybe it won't happen again. [Knock on wood]
  4. Nolam

Nolam New Member

Yeah I just restarted and it doesn't seem to be happening (although it was just 20 minutes ago that I saw it so yeah, I hope clearing the cache or something is a fix).

I'll post if it happens again.
  5. mysticalmalissa

mysticalmalissa New Member

I am getting that green screen on youtube, before and after I watch a video. Also when the screen is opening some Apps and on some games.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
  6. jerrt

jerrt New Member

1 thing I didn't mention in my previous post: after I get the initial green screen I see it quite frequently in the same way you are until I reboot.
  7. Nolam

Nolam New Member

Yeah that's what happened with me too.
  8. mysticalmalissa

mysticalmalissa New Member

I rebooted it a couple time and pulled the battery, it seemed to stop it for a short time, then it starts again. I havent had it happen while using the camera, just seems to happen the most on youtube. I called vzw and they are replacing the phone. :/

:EDIT:
    I got my replacement and it is still happening. It took it two days to start happening again. I guess its just something I will have to live with.
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
Search tags for this page
andriod camera app is green
android app green screen
android camera black and green screen
green screen camera android tpop

green screen on droid camera

how to fix green screen when camera app opened on andriod

my droid camera will not initialize
what does it mean when camera is not initialized on droid
why is my android camera screen green