camera app crashes with green screen

jerrt

Reaction score
if I leave the camera/camcorder app active when I lock the screen after several cycles, I will unlock the screen and it is green and if I try to restart the camera it says that it can not initialize. Very strange.

Anyone else getting this? Trying to figure out if I should get a replacement.

Nolam

Reaction score
It didn't happen while using my camera app, but I did get some weird green screen with strange zig-zag fuzzy lines running down it when unlocking my screen and switching apps a few times. Does this sound like what you had a problem with?

Hopefully they'll fix it with an update soon I hope x.x it scares me to see this happening to a brand new phone even though I don't know what it is D:

OP
J

jerrt

Reaction score
That's exactly the screen. But because it happened while trying to use my camera I noticed that it would say "unable to initialize". I will keep an eye on it. It hasn't happed since 2 days ago so maybe it won't happen again. [Knock on wood]

Nolam

Reaction score
Yeah I just restarted and it doesn't seem to be happening (although it was just 20 minutes ago that I saw it so yeah, I hope clearing the cache or something is a fix).

I'll post if it happens again.

OP
J

jerrt

Reaction score
I am getting that green screen on youtube, before and after I watch a video. Also when the screen is opening some Apps and on some games.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

1 thing I didn't mention in my previous post: after I get the initial green screen I see it quite frequently in the same way you are until I reboot.

mysticalmalissa

Reaction score
I am getting that green screen on youtube, before and after I watch a video. Also when the screen is opening some Apps and on some games.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

1 thing I didn't mention in my previous post: after I get the initial green screen I see it quite frequently in the same way you are until I reboot.

I rebooted it a couple time and pulled the battery, it seemed to stop it for a short time, then it starts again. I havent had it happen while using the camera, just seems to happen the most on youtube. I called vzw and they are replacing the phone. :/

:EDIT:
I got my replacement and it is still happening. It took it two days to start happening again. I guess its just something I will have to live with.

Last edited: