camera apk

captdroid

Reaction score
odd. for me, the zoom would zoom in sometimes and then wouldnt zoom out. however the video zoom was gone as promised...

i put chevy's camera on but it doesnt have the auto balance thing...

guess ill just wait for a fix in rc4

Did you try the camera.apk I attached a few posts back? zoom for the just the camera (video zoom is gone) works fine for me with this camera.apk

Update: actually started having zoom problems with just the camera using the attached camera.apk. installed the camera.apk from UD v1 ROM and now my camera works perfectly including zoom and the video zoom is gone and so is that silly constant flashing for auto focus. Now works just like it should in Froyo.

i get better pics with the auto light adjust... but yea, the camera is wonkey. oh well

It's auto focusing not auto light adjusting. You can do the focus manually by pressing slightly the camera button using the normal Froyo camera.apk. Thus the camera is not constantly flashing away to focus running down the battery. If CM wants to have this as an option and still have the manual focus work then I would agree with that. If we are just stuck with the auto focus constantly flashing away in low light conditions I will opt to use the normal Froyo camera.apk. As far as the video recording zoom, if CM can't fix the FC that happens then that feature should be removed. I really don't care either way if it does or doesn't have video zoom.

Last edited:

DanSan

Reaction score
ok i finally flashed to 6.1 RC3 from 6.0 stable and now this camera is going nuts.

everytime i open it the camera tries to focus and the flash goes off real quick. i turned off focus mode and now it doesnt even want to focus at all when taking photos. does anyone have the camera.apk from cyanogen mod 6.0 that we can replace this one with?

B

budmonster

ok i finally flashed to 6.1 RC3 from 6.0 stable and now this camera is going nuts.

everytime i open it the camera tries to focus and the flash goes off real quick. i turned off focus mode and now it doesnt even want to focus at all when taking photos. does anyone have the camera.apk from cyanogen mod 6.0 that we can replace this one with?

Yeah, my camera is going crazy. I'll press the camera button and the flash will start flickering out of no where. Ill also take a picture but the flash will come after that picture is already taken. I can't change the settings, like I'll press auto flash and the box wont be checked. Is their a compatible camera.apk that can replace these issues, from any ROM. I need my camera back asap.

DanSan

Reaction score

Yeah, my camera is going crazy. I'll press the camera button and the flash will start flickering out of no where. Ill also take a picture but the flash will come after that picture is already taken. I can't change the settings, like I'll press auto flash and the box wont be checked. Is their a compatible camera.apk that can replace these issues, from any ROM. I need my camera back asap.

yea somebody just needs to be nice enough to upload the camera.apk from cyanogenmod6 so we can replace ours and we will be ok.

DanSan

Reaction score
ok, i had a smart idea.. downloaded the 6.0 rom from cyanogens website, and just pulled out the camera.apk file.

here ya go, i uploaded it to my website.
http://dansansworld.com/misc/Camera.apk

remember when you replace the original camera.apk that you replace the original permissions to the new one.

EDIT: ok so i did this and now my camera is just FC'in everytime i open it lol

Last edited:
OP
jerroedr

jerroedr

Reaction score
the light thing is supposed to happen. its doing an auto exposure or something. i noticed better pictured once it gets the light balance adjusted. however zoom seems to be the issue

OP
jerroedr

jerroedr

Reaction score
i dont know if im allowed to do this, so sorry admins in advance, but chevyno1 posted a camera apk that works perfect. no wierd light flicker, zoom works. all credit to him on this

i believe it works by copying to your sd card then moving or copying to /system/app then changing the permissions to match everything else in there, then reboot. thats all i had to do.

http://chevyno1.richstevenson.com/misc/Camera.apk

DanSan

Reaction score
the light thing is supposed to happen. its doing an auto exposure or something. i noticed better pictured once it gets the light balance adjusted. however zoom seems to be the issue

well thats a stupid form of operation. the last thing i want to explain to people when turning on my camera is why it decides to flash for no practical reason.

i dont know if im allowed to do this, so sorry admins in advance, but chevyno1 posted a camera apk that works perfect. no wierd light flicker, zoom works. all credit to him on this

i believe it works by copying to your sd card then moving or copying to /system/app then changing the permissions to match everything else in there, then reboot. thats all i had to do.

thanks man!

B

budmonster

how do you install this. just delete old apk and install this or is there a certain method? if this fixes all the camera problems in rc3 your my hero lol.

OP
jerroedr

jerroedr

Reaction score

how do you install this. just delete old apk and install this or is there a certain method? if this fixes all the camera problems in rc3 your my hero lol.

i used root explorer (application) to cut and paste from sdcard to /system/app

it asks if you want to overwrite it. say yes. then change the permissions to match and reboot

DanSan

Reaction score
does anyone know where the sound is located right before the camera takes the picture and focuses?

hold down the button half way, let it focus and you'll hear it. doesnt go off if you just slam down the camera button. i want to get rid of that sound too, make the camera completely mute

OP
jerroedr

jerroedr

Reaction score
does anyone know where the sound is located right before the camera takes the picture and focuses?

hold down the button half way, let it focus and you'll hear it. doesnt go off if you just slam down the camera button. i want to get rid of that sound too, make the camera completely mute

i think thats the hardware focusing

Sing1gniS

Reaction score
The new Camera.apk is working fine except for one thing. When using the on-screen "take picture" button, after taking a picture, the green focus corners stay that way until the camera hardware button is pressed. You can't take another picture until then. I don't remember it doing that with stock. Anyone else getting this?