camera apk

Discussion in 'Koush' started by jerroedr, Nov 2, 2010.

1. jerroedr

jerroedr New Member

anyone know where to get a working camera from? the zoom is all wacked out with rc3
  2. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Zoom is stupid anyway IMO... it doesn't actually zoom in it just makes your quality less so that you can go in more. It's called digital zoom and its crap.
  3. icculusX

Camera test

In fact, here is an example. I took a quick photo of my room with 1x (no zoom) and then took a photo of the same exact spot with 4x (max zoom) then layered them together without resizing anything. The red box is drawn around the zoomed image.

This shows that all the zooming does is "crop" down your photo. Heck, even the quality is exactly the same, meaning you may as well just take your photo without the zoom and crop it at home to where you need. Just wanted to make my point that digital zoom is a pointless function.
  4. RonsHome

RonsHome New Member

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Thats awesome!!!!
  5. captdroid

captdroid New Member

Attached is the one I used to replace the /system/app/camera.apk in CM 6.1 RC3.

Gets rid of the video recording zoom.

Installed using Root Explorer and set permissions for the camera.apk file same as other apps in the /system/app folder.
  6. jerroedr

jerroedr New Member

where did that apk come from and how do i do it?
  7. captdroid

captdroid New Member

From another CM based ROM.

Easiest way is to use Root Explorer and do copy paste and then set permissions for camera.apk same as the other apps in /system/app
  8. jerroedr

jerroedr New Member

did you have to delete the other camera apk? and it makes the regular zoom work? and what did you say it does to the video zoom?

also what is the camera doing when its switching the lighting. thats something i havnt seen until i switched to cm
  9. captdroid

captdroid New Member

I copied the attached camera.apk over the one in /system/app which got rid of the video zoom option. Camera zoom still works.

"what is the camera doing when its switching the lighting" is part of the auto focus.
  10. jerroedr

jerroedr New Member

odd. for me, the zoom would zoom in sometimes and then wouldnt zoom out. however the video zoom was gone as promised...

i put chevy's camera on but it doesnt have the auto balance thing...

guess ill just wait for a fix in rc4
  11. icculusX

Again though, nonetheless, I just made an incredible argument that you should NEVER EVER zoom with your camera. Dont zoom because there is no point at all. Crop your photo in after you shoot if you really want to but the quality is going to be bad either way. So just keep this in mind when wanting to zoom at least.

Full shot resolution: 2592x1936
    Full zoom resolution: 640x 480

-------------------------------------------(do the math:))
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2010
  12. bendystrawboy

bendystrawboy New Member

its digital zoom and it has always blown.
  13. jerroedr

jerroedr New Member

its not an issue of picture quality. Its an issue of functionality. All im trying to do is get something that works as intended. Even if zoom is pointless the fact that the option exists means the option should work right? Its obvious the picture quality sucks when zoomed in. But its just like on the video cam...it has zoom when it shouldnt and causes a force close. Say you accidentally touch the wrong part of the option bar while recording...there goes your vid.
    But i totally get what you are saying. I mean, really, the devs could remove zoom entirely. but then people who love zoom would want it back. Its just a function thing thats bugging me in the back of my crazy head:)
  14. captdroid

captdroid New Member

Did you try the camera.apk I attached a few posts back? zoom for the just the camera (video zoom is gone) works fine for me with this camera.apk

Update: actually started having zoom problems with just the camera using the attached camera.apk. installed the camera.apk from UD v1 ROM and now my camera works perfectly including zoom and the video zoom is gone and so is that silly constant flashing for auto focus. Now works just like it should in Froyo.
  15. jerroedr

jerroedr New Member

i get better pics with the auto light adjust... but yea, the camera is wonkey. oh well
  16. captdroid

captdroid New Member

It's auto focusing not auto light adjusting. You can do the focus manually by pressing slightly the camera button using the normal Froyo camera.apk. Thus the camera is not constantly flashing away to focus running down the battery. If CM wants to have this as an option and still have the manual focus work then I would agree with that. If we are just stuck with the auto focus constantly flashing away in low light conditions I will opt to use the normal Froyo camera.apk. As far as the video recording zoom, if CM can't fix the FC that happens then that feature should be removed. I really don't care either way if it does or doesn't have video zoom.
  17. DanSan

DanSan New Member

ok i finally flashed to 6.1 RC3 from 6.0 stable and now this camera is going nuts.

everytime i open it the camera tries to focus and the flash goes off real quick. i turned off focus mode and now it doesnt even want to focus at all when taking photos. does anyone have the camera.apk from cyanogen mod 6.0 that we can replace this one with?
  18. budmonster

budmonster Guest

Yeah, my camera is going crazy. I'll press the camera button and the flash will start flickering out of no where. Ill also take a picture but the flash will come after that picture is already taken. I can't change the settings, like I'll press auto flash and the box wont be checked. Is their a compatible camera.apk that can replace these issues, from any ROM. I need my camera back asap.
  19. DanSan

DanSan New Member

yea somebody just needs to be nice enough to upload the camera.apk from cyanogenmod6 so we can replace ours and we will be ok.
  20. DanSan

DanSan New Member

ok, i had a smart idea.. downloaded the 6.0 rom from cyanogens website, and just pulled out the camera.apk file.

here ya go, i uploaded it to my website.
    http://dansansworld.com/misc/Camera.apk

remember when you replace the original camera.apk that you replace the original permissions to the new one.

EDIT: ok so i did this and now my camera is just FC'in everytime i open it lol
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2010
Search tags for this page
apk camera
camara.apk andoird 4.1.2

camera apk

camera apk gingerbread
camera fix for cyanogenmod apk
camera zoom apk

camera.apk

camra apk
cms general camera.apk
cyanogenmod 10 camera apk