Camera and video

Scott_T

Reaction score
I have a droid newb question. I have a rooted droid running UD9. Not sure that matters.

My issue is with the camera app.

When I shoot video, my old env3 would use the leds as lights. I cannot seem to get that to work on the droid. Not even an option for it.

Also the camera overall seems way worse then the env3. Anyone know of an ap or anything to make the camera and video camera better?
Thanks,
/Scott

solar

Reaction score
I have a droid newb question. I have a rooted droid running UD9. Not sure that matters.

My issue is with the camera app.

When I shoot video, my old env3 would use the leds as lights. I cannot seem to get that to work on the droid. Not even an option for it.

Also the camera overall seems way worse then the env3. Anyone know of an ap or anything to make the camera and video camera better?
Thanks,
/Scott
Yeah, there is no way that I know to get the LED to operate when the droid is in video mode. I miss that too from my Env Touch. Perhaps there is an app to do it with a rooted phone. Mine isn't rooted though, so i'm not sure.

The camera quality has been an issue since the droid released. There is much talk and speculation as to what to attribute the less-then-stellar quality of the pictures to (mostly low-light pics). If you poke around a bit, you can find some old discussions on this topic, but the most likely problem is that of the software/drivers for the camera and not being optimized and not the hardware itself.

OP
S

Scott_T

Reaction score
Thanks Solar.....I thought maybe it was a setting I was missing or an issue with the rooted ROM. I really didn't play with my Droid at all before I rooted....Could not resist....

Shame though. I LOVE the phone. But the crappy camera is really frustrating. What are they thinking?

Best regards,
Scott

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Download droid light flashlight (or similar app) from the market, turn the flash on for use as a flash light, them open the camera app and take video. :D

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Tomoid

Reaction score
I have the app Droid Light and did some playing around and found if I turn on the light with the app Droid Light and then turn on the camera and go to video the light will remain on till you exit the camera.
Sort of a crapy way to use the light with video but it is a work around.

solar

Reaction score
I don't know what they were thinking! lol. At least the phone still pretty dang awesome. Coolest phone i've had for sure. It wold be just that much cooler if the 5MP camera took better pics then my old 3MP Env Touch. :biggrin:

Hey Good call on that LED flashlight for video Johnny! I hadn't even though of that, since I have a flashlight app that utilizes the screen. I just tried LED Flashlight, and it works great. Not as cool as having it in the camera app, but at least it works. :D

solar

Reaction score
I have the app Droid Light and did some playing around and found if I turn on the light with the app Droid Light and then turn on the camera and go to video the light will remain on till you exit the camera.
Sort of a crapy way to use the light with video but it is a work around.

Just saw yours while I was replying, two people with one good idea. :laugh:

Last edited:
OP
S

Scott_T

Reaction score
sweet workaround!!!!!!Thanks guys!!!!!!