Camera and video

Kevbar

Reaction score
Having this issue too... does it flash to a black screen for a split second before it reverts back to the screen you started from?
Doing a power and battery reset did not fix the problem. Do I need to get it replaced?

Exactly what's happening to my camcorder. As soon as I hit record button, it just kicks me out to the screen the app is on. Power off and on brings the camcorder back to functional, but reoccurs after a while.

Djay

Reaction score
Tech support is wrong.

Swyped while being lazy in the DXForumApp

Really? So I suppose you know the issue?

As much as you do.

This is rediculous. If it's a bug in the phone with 2.2, how come every single DX on the planet running 2.2 doesn't do it? 2.2 just selects various random phones to plague with 'bugs'?

Becasue every phone is different. Just like recalls on cars, If a few cars are having the same issue then they recall it even though every car isn't having that same issue.

clear the phone's cache by turning phone off > hold the home button and the Power button at the same time until the triangle pops up > then press the search button > then clear cache> then reboot system and try the camera. If that doesnt work then the 2.3.340 update will fix this issue on the DX

the5barrons

Reaction score
Really? So I suppose you know the issue?

As much as you do.

This is rediculous. If it's a bug in the phone with 2.2, how come every single DX on the planet running 2.2 doesn't do it? 2.2 just selects various random phones to plague with 'bugs'?

Becasue every phone is different. Just like recalls on cars, If a few cars are having the same issue then they recall it even though every car isn't having that same issue.

clear the phone's cache by turning phone off > hold the home button and the Power button at the same time until the triangle pops up > then press the search button > then clear cache> then reboot system and try the camera. If that doesnt work then the 2.3.340 update will fix this issue on the DX

Very much agreed. I just happen to own a Toyota that was recalled through the last years worth of fun and the news, blah blah blah. Just like Toyoata, even simple accusation of a problem by the customer equals guilty. People can go as far as faking the issue and still be right (not to say that is the case), I'm sure there are plenty of truly messed up DX's with all these horrible issues that 2.2 somehow caused. I'm sure this new update will fix all things....lol.:)

Oh yea, I don't have this camera bug.

Big Fate

Reaction score
As much as you do.

Very much agreed. I just happen to own a Toyota that was recalled through the last years worth of fun and the news, blah blah blah. Just like Toyoata, even simple accusation of a problem by the customer equals guilty. People can go as far as faking the issue and still be right (not to say that is the case), I'm sure there are plenty of truly messed up DX's with all these horrible issues that 2.2 somehow caused. I'm sure this new update will fix all things....lol.:)

Oh yea, I don't have this camera bug.

It appears you retracted your statement before I can drop my 2 cents.

Thanks DJay, couldn't of explained it better.