Camera and some questions

OldMan1955

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I upgraded from my old original Motorola Droid to the Maxx. Love the phone, but I'm confused with the camera. When I bought the camera, I moved my sim card to the new phone since it had all my old pictures. They are there, but they have been resized or something. Looking at the files on the phone via Astro viewer, most of the picture files are ~25k in size. They use to be larger. If I use the built in viewer Gallery, they seem to go back to normal size.
How can I get the original file size when its hooked up to my pc? In the past, I use to select the \dcim folder and found the picture files there and copied them over to the pc. The files are there, but the sizes are small, and are identifed as thumbnails by Astro.

With the old Droid, I was able to select the size/quality of the pictures. Can't seem to find that option for this new phone.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Could there be two files with your pics in them? One with thumbnails and the other with full size pics? You might want to take another look around your files. Maybe dig a little deeper.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Yep that's it, I bet you're looking at the thumbnails, are they on the internal memory? Check your external SD card, they should be the correct size.

Sent by my new Droid Razr Maxx

Last edited:
OP
O

OldMan1955

Reaction score
I finally found them on the SD CARD under the DCIM folder - CAMERA.
Reason I did not look there at first because it said there were only 3 items. The 3 items were sub folders.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Good, I'm glad that you found them.

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.