Camera and Gallery no longer function

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by BoostedSchemes, Jul 16, 2010.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. BoostedSchemes

BoostedSchemes New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    When I was on .03 BB, gallery and camera worked great as always. After coming to .04 (3 wipes, cache, data), camera still worked fined but my pictures would no longer load thumbs in gallery. Now I did a complete re install going back to 2.0.1 and wiping 3x at each step... including removing the battery for 10 mins before and after bb .04 install.

I went back to 2.0.1 AGAIN, and tried installing the latest 4.4 chevy rom after several cache wipes - the camera would not open at all, but after using CWM to restore to a BB .04 base, then wiping data/cache 3x I installed chevy 4.4 again and now I have the same issue:

Gallery still only shows pictures in my downloads folder, nothing taken with the camera (they show up as empty boxes, and cannot view on phone - they are fine when copied to pc). The camera can take pictures fine, but when switching to video mode the image freezes after at most 4 seconds and either force closes or continues recording with a frozen image until I press a button... then it force closes. Any ideas folks? I've been messing with hacking the droid since I got it the first week it came out and I am sad to say that I have finally run into an issue I have not been able to fix myself =(

I tried switching video quality to low and that seems to record but is useless. As soon as I switch to any qual higher than low, same issue.

This is rather important to me as I do not have another camera to use. :icon_eek:
  2. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    This is odd - I have not experienced a single one of these issues myself. What kernel are you running?
  3. BoostedSchemes

BoostedSchemes New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am running your 800mhz ulv. The mv and sv had no effect, and the ulv has been great in a variety of roms. I was able to get the camera to work for a short while under cyanogen, but returning back to chevy or bb as the base rom made the issue return. I am begining to suspect that my sd card may be somehow failing and recording hq video is likely the most taxing duty it has. I suppose I will have to explore that possibility.
  4. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    Especially if you have the issues on other ROMS - have you tried copying critical data off and reformatting? I've had to do that twice in the last 8 months - worked wonders