Camera and gallery issue on Droid X

CaribbeanBlue

Reaction score
Hello,

I recently started having problems with my Droid X's camera and gallery. A few days ago when I would try to open the gallery I could not, I could only open it through the camera feature and click on the most recent picture that appears in the corner.

Last night my phone just stopped taking pictures. It was not saving the most recent ones. I figured I had too many pictures (probably close to 1,000) so I connected it to my computer and started deleting some photos and copying others to my hard drive. Well I may have deleted something important, because now my gallery does not work at all. I can't access any of my photos (whether they were taken from the camera, bluetooth, messaging, etc).

I tried connecting it back to my laptop just now and the icon doesn't even appear on my computer anymore so I cannot open it as "mass storage device" to open to see the files. It's like it's not registering anything.

ALSO - I tried opening my music player and I get a white screen and it force closes.

Then this morning my alarm clock was spazzing out too... would not let me press snooze and when I tried to open it to readjust the time it would not work.

I'm thinking I may have deleted something important? Can this be fixed without wiping the entire phone? I don't mind losing the apps.... The pictures should be saved to my SD card right?

Is there a home fix or do I need to just go to the Verizon store? Any help is greatly appreciated.

shaggykid

Reaction score
Hmm you can try wiping your data and cache.. then doing a factory reset. I've had the gallery not opening issue a few times but never as serious as that.

Sent from your mom's house using my Galaxy Nexus... is what my signature would say if they would hurry and release the damn thing!

OP
CaribbeanBlue

CaribbeanBlue

Reaction score
Thanks... If I do that, will I still keep my pictures on the SD card? I only saved a few last night, not all of them. I really don't care about losing anything else lol

shaggykid

Reaction score
Ya nothing on your sd will brle touched

Sent from your mom's house using my Galaxy Nexus... is what my signature would say if they would hurry and release the damn thing!

shaggykid

Reaction score
When deleting stuff were you only deleting pictures frombyour sd card. Or were you getting into otger stuff as well?

OP
CaribbeanBlue

CaribbeanBlue

Reaction score
Well I thought I was just deleting photos but I also created folders and tried to organize them to see if the gallery would accept new folders... I dunno. I'm sure I f'ed something up lol

shaggykid

Reaction score
Did you try wiping data and a factory reset

OP
CaribbeanBlue

CaribbeanBlue

Reaction score
No, I'm kind of a noob when it comes to all the tech stuff. Is that something I can do while I'm at work or do I need to swing by the Verizon store?

shaggykid

Reaction score
Nah you can do it yourself. Do this first though...

Go to manage applications click all. Find gallery and wipe data and wipe cache. Then do it for your camera.

If that doesn't work you'll have to try sonething else but you'll need to be rooted. If your not and don't want to try q factory reset next.

Sent from your mom's house using my Galaxy Nexus... is what my signature would say if I could save the money to buy a Galaxy Nexus.

OP
CaribbeanBlue

CaribbeanBlue

Reaction score
Ok... Went to gallery. "Clear Cache" button was greyed out but I did "Clear Data"... Same thing for camera. Still won't open gallery.

Ok so now I need to go to settings > privacy settings > factory data reset? Is that all there is to it? :)

shaggykid

Reaction score
Yep that's it. If that doesn't work. Then you got rid of something you shouldn't have haha. I say go by a VZW and tell them what you tried and see what they say.

Sent from your mom's house using my Galaxy Nexus... is what my signature would say if I could save the money to buy a Galaxy Nexus.

OP
CaribbeanBlue

CaribbeanBlue

Reaction score
Thanks for all your help, shaggykid. I ended up running to the Verizon store on my lunch break and had it fixed. The girl never said what was wrong or what she did to fix it, but it appears to be functioning normal now.

Thanks again.

shaggykid

Reaction score
Glad you got it worked out man.l!! You should have asked her for future reference what she did :)

jamesfmiller

Reaction score
Droid X stops saving photos after about 15 pictures.

Photos appear in gallery then dissapear.

Pulling the SD card fixes the problem but just for another 15 shots or so.

Verizon wants to sell me a new phone.

Any suggestions?