Camera and Gallery in 5.4

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by Dwyndal, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Dwyndal

Dwyndal Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok I have run into this issue before from flashing ROMS and such but i always seem to get this when flashing GB to my Droid 1.

Here is the situation -Open camera via button on side, get a notifier that camera app has failed (force close or report) I closed and reopen app, i take a photo and the photo snaps but there is no picture in the "previously taken photo viewer" (lower right hand if in landscape view.

After two photos i even went to my gallery and the photos are pitch black and i can't view them it just cycles. So then i reboot and photos are gone as if i never took them.

Tried again - thinking it's because the camera app crashed during first take. This time no force close but again same issues no pics in previously taken snaps and same two black images in phone gallery.

I did just install 5.4 did a factory wipe / reset, wiped dalvik 3x and cache 3x so a clean install no apps installed yet other than battery monitor.

As i said i have had this issue before, but i had to completely wipe / format my SD card, yes i backed it up, but still it was just blah lol. So before doing all this is this a common issue with GB or am i just the lucky one after flashing roms around? Does it ever actually affect your SD card because this has happened to me a 2 months ago

Thanks for reading this lol

~D

2. wricks

wricks Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Not saying it is just you, but I tried taking a photo the way you described and had no issues. Seemed a little sluggish compared to opening the camera from the app drawer, but it functioned as intended.

3. Dwyndal

Dwyndal Member

Ratings:
    +0
    it could be me and i'm more than happy to format SD card and backup files and reflash from a completely reformatted SD and wiped phone. Give that you had no issues and i have seen this before i'll go give that a whirl.

4. steveff4

steveff4 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I can verify that I'm not having these issues with 5.4.

5. spc_hicks09

spc_hicks09 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +34
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Twitter:
    spc_hicks09
    Is this a camera app like Camera 360 or the stock camera?

6. Oxymoron

Oxymoron Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hope you get it sorted man.

For the record, I have not had any issues with the camera with any SS ROM (other than the standard GB choppy video capture).

*customized tapatalk signature*

7. Dwyndal

Dwyndal Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Stock.

I fixed it be deleting all system files off sdcard, backed it up and reformated from nandroid it works now. The weird thing was the pictures were on my SD card just not showing up yet they had 0.kb so there was nothing there just a file holder and this was after 2 reboots.

I always seem to get this upon flashing roms - and i do a full wipe each time lol ohh well, guess i keep my stuff soo close to stock i don't mind haha :greendroid:

8. Ozzie

Ozzie Member

Ratings:
    +1
    My camera locked up today at work. I took the pic, couldn't close it...ended up pulling the battery.
    I needed to use it so I restored a different image.

9. Dwyndal

Dwyndal Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Reformatted card - wiped phone to factory as well as dalvik and cache and seems ok. Had an issue with a phone call but only the one time locking up.

So far photos are going to my gallery and are viewable.

Solved until further notice.