Camera and Camcorder Not working Help Please!

31 YNOT

Reaction score
When I try to use my camera of camcorder I just get a blank black screen, no images show up. I can record a video with no picture, but cannot take a picture at all. The phone is all stock, not rooted or anything, it is updated. I have tried restarting it. Tried turing it off taking the batter out putting it back in and restarting it with no luck. I don't have clue what is going on here is a picture I took with my webcam of the screen I get with the camera.

Photoon2011-02-23at1538.jpg

It is all one color, the bottom half of the screen just has the reflection from the computer.

Thanks
-Matt

Rocko

Reaction score
Turn the phone off. While holding the Home key hold the power button. When the droid man icon appears, hit the search button(magnifying glass), use the volume buttons to scroll down to Wipe Cache Partition, use the camera button to select. When done choose reboot. See if this helps.

OP

31 YNOT

Reaction score
Turn the phone off. While holding the Home key hold the power button. When the droid man icon appears, hit the search button(magnifying glass), use the volume buttons to scroll down to Wipe Cache Partition, use the camera button to select. When done choose reboot. See if this helps.

Cleared the cache and it is still the same.

Also I cannot zoom in or out with the camera I just get a gray bar, no red bar inside of it.
Everything else seems to be working fine. Thanks for the quick response.

Rocko

Reaction score

Also I cannot zoom in or out with the camera I just get a gray bar, no red bar inside of it.

Goto settings>manage applications>All tab> scroll down to camera. Clear Data. Do the same for Camcorder and Gallery.

OP

31 YNOT

Reaction score

Goto settings>manage applications>All tab> scroll down to camera. Clear Data. Do the same for Camcorder and Gallery.

Hmm. I cleared both the Camera and Gallery but there is nothing on my application list that says Camcorder?
Still no luck with clearing just the camera and gallery

Rocko

Reaction score
If that doesn't work I would backup your contacts and other info, then do a hard reset. If that doesn't work, phone is probably broken-time for replacement.

Hard reset is same steps as wipe cache, except choose wipe user data.

OP

31 YNOT

Reaction score
If that doesn't work I would backup your contacts and other info, then do a hard reset. If that doesn't work, phone is probably broken-time for replacement.

How do I back up my contacts and other info? I'm sure its simple but I am kinda smart phone dumb. Would a broken camera be covered under insurance do you know?

Edit: Im guessing go to backup assistant and click sync now?

Rocko

Reaction score

How do I back up my contacts and other info? I'm sure its simple but I am kinda smart phone dumb. Would a broken camera be covered under insurance do you know?

Edit: Im guessing go to backup assistant and click sync now?

Yeah, also go into contacts, menu, more, export to SD card.

The camera is covered under warranty for 1 year. No need to pay deductible through insurance.

OP

31 YNOT

Reaction score
Sweet so will a vzw store be able to get me a new one?

Rocko

Reaction score
Yep. And tell them you already did the master reset, etc. etc. Don't forget to take your SD card out cuz it has all your pics/info on it.

OP

31 YNOT

Reaction score
Yep. And tell them you already did the master reset, etc. etc. Don't forget to take your SD card out cuz it has all your pics/info on it.

Yup its fubar. Thank you so much for all the help.

-Matt

Rocko

Reaction score

-Matt

No problem. Make sure you test out the replacement phone before you leave the store. Camera, screen, etc. Also, the newer Droids come with only a 2gb memory card-so keep yours.

OP

31 YNOT

Reaction score

-Matt

No problem. Make sure you test out the replacement phone before you leave the store. Camera, screen, etc. Also, the newer Droids come with only a 2gb memory card-so keep yours.

They didn't have one at the store, new one(well refurbished is all they offer) should be here tomorrow