Camera and camcorder fuzziness?

OP
dolfanpete

dolfanpete

Reaction score
;)

I've found that using a 3rd party camera app, Viginette, helps tremendously, while it has many functions I will never use it definitely allows you more control over the quality of picture your phone captures and you can save the presets for future use depending on the lighting conditions. It takes a little bit of tweaking in the beginning but you will end up with a better quality photo. Personally mine set on 3.1mp takes just as clear of photo and does not take up near the memory.

DROIDX using DroidForums App

1+ here. I have better luck with viginette app for pics. Better low light shots too.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
;)

I've found that using a 3rd party camera app, Viginette, helps tremendously, while it has many functions I will never use it definitely allows you more control over the quality of picture your phone captures and you can save the presets for future use depending on the lighting conditions. It takes a little bit of tweaking in the beginning but you will end up with a better quality photo. Personally mine set on 3.1mp takes just as clear of photo and does not take up near the memory.

DROIDX using DroidForums App

1+ here. I have better luck with viginette app for pics. Better low light shots too.

I gave you a link to the rubix 1.9.5 fix two pages ago in this thread and you are still looking for answers? Rubix, Gummy Jar and a few others were are all using an older Camera apk for some reason. again here is the blog that will fix all your problems. Link here I agree people in forums should be respectful and offer up real advice rather than information that doesn't solve the problem

OP
dolfanpete

dolfanpete

Reaction score
Sorry I failed to mention that there was some warning labels that scared me off. But I guess that is normal foe whatever anyone downloads. I will try it out! Thank you sir!

MysticalDreams;1146484quote=dolfanpete;1146441 said:
;)

I gave you a link to the rubix 1.9.5 fix two pages ago in this thread and you are still looking for answers? Rubix, Gummy Jar and a few others were are all using an older Camera apk for some reason. again here is the blog that will fix all your problems. Link here I agree people in forums should be respectful and offer up real advice rather than information that doesn't solve the problem[/QUOTE]

OP
dolfanpete

dolfanpete

Reaction score
I have it downloaded but have a question on installing it. Do I mount it to sd and install from bootstrap recovery from zip?

I used it on Rubix and Gummy Jar and it works fine - I haven't tried the other ones but the camera fix is fine

OP
dolfanpete

dolfanpete

Reaction score
Thanks so much for your help! It is very much appreciated! That patch worked out great! That's why I love this forum. There are answers to everything!

in in ClockWork recovery select Mounts and Storage, Mount/System back to install from zip

poloman

Reaction score
I am a pro photographer. Your question interested me so I played with the camera a bit today. I believe that the zoom.is strictly digital and not optical. You will notice that the screen gets much grainier as you zoom in. I would suggest using the least zoom possible if you want the best picture quality.

idiotekniQues

Reaction score
i use vignette and the pictures it takes are 10x better than the stock camera app, especially in low light.

however vignette is a bit slow. but just download it and try it, you will notice the IQ difference immediately.

shane1v

Reaction score
I have an original Droid. I am very disappointed with the still pics in "low" light. If a room is not very well lit it takes a very grainy pic. I am gonna try Vignette as suggested here 1st.

vandums

Reaction score
I just switched from the D2 to the X yesterday and I can say the D2 takes better pics. They are still grainy in low light but overall the camera on the D2 was better. That's about all that is better though. The D2 also has image stabilization where the X doesn't. That's where the blurry comes in.