1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Camera - Advertised 1080p but only 720p in the video

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 3' started by Dallasguy7, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Dallasguy7

Dallasguy7 New Member

This phone is advertised with a 1080p HD camera.
    But when in the video mode and looking at the settings it only gives a choice for 720p.
    Is this normal or am I not understanding something?
  2. JohnDa

JohnDa New Member

You should have the option for 1080p (I do). The setting for resolution is scrollable, so scroll to the very top and you should see 1080p or HD+.
  3. Dallasguy7

Dallasguy7 New Member

Yes, I tried that and I don't have the 1080p option.
  4. Dallasguy7

Dallasguy7 New Member

Never Mind.......... I was looking in the wrong place.
    It's correct now.
  5. nednarb

nednarb New Member

doesn't help you much, but all i do is go video camera hit the button bottom left hit the gear? symbol and boom resolution with hd+ (1080P).
  6. asdfbrendan

asdfbrendan New Member

Where did you find the option? I have double-checked the "gear" menu, and 720 is the highest resolution option I have.
  7. Dallasguy7

Dallasguy7 New Member

Yes, that's the deceptive part.
    When you see the 720, just use your finger to scroll up (or down) and you will see it there.
  8. asdfbrendan

asdfbrendan New Member

I've already tried that. I am able to scroll down and see lower resolution choices, but 720p is the highest option.
  9. militant

militant New Member

Crappy SD card maybe? I've got an old 4gb micro from my blackberry curve in there... I can record 1080p and have it selectable on the menu. You're not the first person I've heard of having this issue.
  10. asdfbrendan

asdfbrendan New Member

Hadn't considered that. Although, I have tried switching storage to internal then adjusting the resolution, but no dice.
  11. NoBloatware

NoBloatware New Member

You may want to try again. Even though 720 may look like it is at the top of the menu try scrolling the list up and down again. I think it's very strange that your camera app doesn't have that setting. This is the stock camera app, right?
  12. asdfbrendan

asdfbrendan New Member

I agree, it is very strange :) Yes, I am using the default camera app. I know I'm looking at the whole list because it give me that slight blue "shading" at the top and bottom; definitely no 1080p.
  13. NoBloatware

NoBloatware New Member

Maybe try clearing the Camera app's data via settings > applications. You'll probably have to reset all of your settings. If that doesn't work...factory reset maybe.
  14. asdfbrendan

asdfbrendan New Member

Good suggestion, I hadn't thought of that. Unfortunately, that didn't work either. I'm hoping there's a solution aside from a factory reset. The only other thing I can think to try is formatting the SD card. I simply pulled the old one out of my original Droid a few days ago when I got my phone. I didn't format the SD card or anything...
  15. NoBloatware

NoBloatware New Member

Have you tried taking out the SD card and seeing if you have the setting?
  16. asdfbrendan

asdfbrendan New Member

Just tried that and it didn't work. I also tried another 1GB SD card I had. I formatted it, but I still dont have the 1080p option.
  17. asdfbrendan

asdfbrendan New Member

I'm currently speaking w/ Motorola support. I'll see if they can shed any light on the issue. I'll be sure to post w/ an update...
  18. asdfbrendan

asdfbrendan New Member

My initial chat w/ the Motorola representative wasn't terribly helpful. According to his documentation, the max resolution is 720p, so I had to point out the 1080p on Motorola's own website as well as the fact that it says it on the phone itself. He said the issue would be forwarded to engineering and they will contact me via email. Will update later.
  19. asdfbrendan

asdfbrendan New Member

SOLVED!

Well, sort of. I found out the reason the 1080p option isn't available. I use my phone for corporate email. One of the settings the Exchange server enforces is storage device encryption. As a result of said encryption, the phone is only able to record up to 720p. After performing a factory reset and walking through the setup again, I noticed a warning this time around about HD video when encryption was enabled. Since I need my phone for work related email, and encryption is required, I'll just have to settle for 720p.
    1 person likes this.
  20. driodwho

driodwho New Member

I have the same problem 1080 no show

I got to the point of went to return it at the store, but the sales person scrolled up and down and got the HD option, even though I did the same thing so many times it did not show, with or without the sd card. I came home with it since it then showed the HD options. A couple of days later. It happened again, my HD options would not show no matter what. And my camera froze my phone twice already the less than a week I had it. I had to remove the battery and start the phone again each time. I am seriously unhappy with the camera on this phone! I also have the bluish tint on the pictures taken, we took a picture of the Verizon red wall at the store and it came out reddish purple, and the shutter delay was so long it was a joke! I could never get a picture the way I wanted it. MY old dumb LG phone was low res,, but was fast, the color was right and it never gave me any problems. I am going to return this one and hope for a better replacement.

Or if anyone knows a Driod phone that has a good camera please let me know. I am seriously unhappy with Motorola Android 3's camera!!!
Search tags for this page
1080p video droid x
android+camera 1080p和720p
android+camera+720p 和1080p
droid 3 only 720p video
droid x 1080p

droid x2 1080p

droid x2 1080p recording

droid x2, 1080p

how to recordd 1080p on droid 3