Camcorder focus hunting

mezman

Reaction score
When using the camcorder, I'm noticing a lot of focus hunting that makes the videos really annoying to watch. The focus hunting seems to be unaffected by different lighting conditions and happens both inside and outside. Kinda disappointing.

Is anyone else noticing this or is this problem limited to my unit?

Reaction score
i've noticed the auto focus problem

When using the camcorder, I'm noticing a lot of focus hunting that makes the videos really annoying to watch. The focus hunting seems to be unaffected by different lighting conditions and happens both inside and outside. Kinda disappointing.

Is anyone else noticing this or is this problem limited to my unit?

its really sad. i really like this phone But yes when I shoot video this phone get's in and out of focus constantly. I've had the Samsung galaxy s3 and this didn't happen. There isn't that much about this on the web either. Because of it's benifits to me. reception and in call sound quality and build I will stick it out with this phone and hopefully they come out with a fix

Robster

Reaction score
Just an update. After speaking with a Verizon "Tier 2 Tech" guy, I was told that the focus hunting during video recording is considered normal by HTC. He said that it is just how the camera works. It doesn't seem right to me and I would think they could fix it with a software update.

Last edited:

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
On my Rezound my camcorder does not focus hunt. Since the last firmware update the stock camera does but not the camcorder.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

Reaction score
On my Rezound my camcorder does not focus hunt. Since the last firmware update the stock camera does but not the camcorder.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

I just got your message in the e-mail. my DNA does not keep focus while taking video. I now have the htc one that one does. It's a flaw in the phone and they won't admit it.

I feel kind of sad I used to love HTC there thunderbolt was great, they have great reception the clarity of the calls are good. But the quality of the cams are going down. Why the He-- would HTC make a 4 mega pixil cam on the HTC one. Then on the DNA they had a cam that was out of focus. is it that hard to make a camera that works