Camcorder crashes Droid

Tegamal

Reaction score
Ok, I've looked all over the place for an answer to this, but found nothing.

I've never given the camcorder much thought, until today when my wife was out of town & I took my kids to the petting zoo. Stills came out great with no issue (was outside, of course), but when I tried to take video, it would record maybe 5 secs, then lock the phone up. Sometimes it would just reboot & skip the Motorola logo screen & go right to the DroidMod splash screen, other times it would just lock up & require a battery pull.

Like I said, I've never used the camcorder except when I first got the phone to test it, this is the first time having this issue.

I'm running DroidMod 1.0, GDE for my themes (I'm read online that some MM themes caused this, but I uninstalled MM a while ago), OC to 800MHz.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanx in advance!

OP
Tegamal

Tegamal

Reaction score
*Bump*

Well, it's been a week. Still having this issue & no responses.

Is it a DM issue? I'm tempted to unroot & try, but I'd rather not go through the hassle if that isn't the issue.

Anyone that can offer any info into this? Getting annoyed with it, honestly.

andysly5

Reaction score
No solution here. But I am having the same exact issues running DM 1.0. Every time I try to record video it looks up after a few seconds. Very frustrating.

romulus

Reaction score
It's because of the overclock. I have had an issue, and just went back to stock clock. It has been working fine. DM doesn't work great with overclocking currently.