@Callwave.com/Possible to Erase All Text History and Start Over?

griz8791

Reaction score
I used to use Callwave but discontinued it when Google Voice became available to the general public.

When I was still on Callwave, anytime anyone left a voicemail Callwave would send me a text showing the person's phone number "@callwave.com." Now that I am no longer using Callwave, I would like to clean up my text messages and have all the threads in there show the person's actual name instead of their number "@callwave.com."

But as others have noted elsewhere on these forums, the "@callwave.com" is very tough to kill off. I have tried completely deleting all @callwave.com text threads, but then after doing so, the first message I get or receive from that person reverts to their [email protected]. I have also tried deleting that person's contact and then recreating it from scratch, then deleting their thread, with the same result as soon as I soon as I get or receive a message from that person.

I am using Handcent, but have the same problem with the default Android text app.

I am serious enough about wanting to clean this up that I would gladly delete all texts on the phone and any associated log files. I would also do a factory reset if that's necessary.

Anyone have any ideas?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Have you tried to blacklist the @callwave?

yotsume

Reaction score
For the love of god. Does anyone have a solution the the callwave virus? I have this same problem sending texts now or making calls to certain contacts where the @callwave gets attached after their number.

Anyone with a real solution please!???

OP
G

griz8791

Reaction score
yotsume:

The touchscreen on my original Droid started to go bad in August, so I made a warranty claim and Verizon sent me a new phone. Problem solved, no more leftover Callwave debris in my text addresses.

I know this isn't the answer you want. Before I wound up having to replace the whole phone, I was considering a factory reset to address the Callwave-leftover problem.

yotsume

Reaction score
I have a brand new Droid Bionic with nothing wrong with it. So your reply is no answer to me at all.

Somewhere in the phone there has to be some cache for text messages or maybe the phone contact data that needs cleared.

I think I will contact Motorola directly on this issue.

Once I do find the actual solution I will post it here since it happens to just about everyone who has used Callwave and Handscent, etc...

WHAT A PAIN IN MY A$$!!!