Calls -> Perma-locked screen -> Battery pull

twalbaum

Reaction score
When I make or receive a call the screen locks itself. No matter what buttons I push or what I do, I cannot turn the screen back on. Once the call ends, the screen remains locked and I cannot unlock it. I have to do a battery pull to regain use of my phone. This has occurred on every nightly release I've tried. What gives?

cubsfan187

Reaction score
When I make or receive a call the screen locks itself. No matter what buttons I push or what I do, I cannot turn the screen back on. Once the call ends, the screen remains locked and I cannot unlock it. I have to do a battery pull to regain use of my phone. This has occurred on every nightly release I've tried. What gives?

I would try to wipe dalvk and then run a fix permissions in either CWR or rom manager. See if that clears it up at all.

OP
T

twalbaum

Reaction score
I would try to wipe dalvk and then run a fix permissions in either CWR or rom manager. See if that clears it up at all.

No dice. When I installed CM7, I sbf'd back to Froyo, rooted, bootstrapped, cleared data and cache, flashed the latest nightly, gapps, and the camera/torch fix. As per instructions, I started from Froyo, so I'm still on the Froyo kernel. I'm assuming the current nightlies found on the CM7 Droid X nightly page are for the Froyo kernel. I can't for the life of me find the nightlies page for the GB kernel. I would rather run the GB kernel if it's not too early in its infancy. Actually, I would probably still like to try it out. I found a few threads and pages that link directly to specific downloads, but I don't know how outdated they are. I would like to find the maintained CM7 GB nightly download page, if one exists.

cubsfan187

Reaction score
No dice. When I installed CM7, I sbf'd back to Froyo, rooted, bootstrapped, cleared data and cache, flashed the latest nightly, gapps, and the camera/torch fix. As per instructions, I started from Froyo, so I'm still on the Froyo kernel. I'm assuming the current nightlies found on the CM7 Droid X nightly page are for the Froyo kernel. I can't for the life of me find the nightlies page for the GB kernel. I would rather run the GB kernel if it's not too early in its infancy. Actually, I would probably still like to try it out. I found a few threads and pages that link directly to specific downloads, but I don't know how outdated they are. I would like to find the maintained CM7 GB nightly download page, if one exists.

Here is the link to the GB kernel CM7 thread. It's kept up by RevNumbers. I've been using it since the day he switched it over and have had very minimal problems. Also, when Rev makes a new build, he will upload it to rom toolbox and rom manager in the download sections. If there are big changes to the build, he will also post it in the thread and tell everyone what the changes are. We've been getting new builds about every other day lately. Hope that this helps!

[DEV_THREAD]DroidX CM7 with Gingerbread Kernel

OP
T

twalbaum

Reaction score
Thanks! I hope that helps, too. I'll be giving the GB kernel cm7 a go tonight maybe.