Calls Not Coming Through Consistenly

DylC32A

Reaction score
So, I've had my Droid for about two and half weeks and people keep telling me they call and it goes straight to my voicemail. Other times, however, the same people have called and the phone rang perfectly fine. I don't understand why the incoming calls are so sporadic like this. I checked to make sure calls for those specific contacts are not selected to go straight to voicemail as well. Can anyone help? This is unbelievably frustrating to keep missing calls like this. Thanks in advance.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Are you sure they are not check in your contacts to go straight to voice mail?

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
There is another thread around there somewhere with a similar complaint. I'd link if for you, but I don't know exactly what to search for. I believe it was posted on Monday though.

Shadowtech

Reaction score
I have the same issue.. gettin real tired of having to listen to the girlfriend complain about me not answering her calls when the damn things don't come through to begin with.

OP
D

DylC32A

Reaction score
I have the same issue.. gettin real tired of having to listen to the girlfriend complain about me not answering her calls when the damn things don't come through to begin with.
Same issue here. Anyone else with thoughts on this?

schend

Reaction score
I am having this exact problem. It just started a week ago. I don't know what changed or why this is happening but it is terribly frustrating. I hope someone knows the answer.

OP
D

DylC32A

Reaction score
I am having this exact problem. It just started a week ago. I don't know what changed or why this is happening but it is terribly frustrating. I hope someone knows the answer.
I went to Verizon and told them about the problem. The guy said it sounded like a network issue and took my phone in the back and did some sort of "software update". Since then, my problem seems to have been resolved. Hope this helps.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I went to Verizon and told them about the problem. The guy said it sounded like a network issue and took my phone in the back and did some sort of "software update". Since then, my problem seems to have been resolved. Hope this helps.

Well, I'm glad he fixed it. You know what he did? He dialed *228 option 2 and updated your PRL. And that's what the rest of you having problems should do too.

Exiled44

Reaction score
I am having the same problem. I did the *228 and option 2 to update towers and yet i am still missing calls. Every time i reboot my phone it comes up with a missed call from like an hour ago or more. I am running 2.1. Could that be the problem? I had the same problem on my Eris running 2.1

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The verizon rep may have done a factory reset. Try that. If that doesn't solve the problem take the phone to a Verizon store and have them reflash the Operating System.

squire2001

Reaction score
my gf's phone is having the same problem. everytime i call her it rings once or twice n goes to vm. anyone else who calls her comes through fine. my contact is not checked to go straight to vm. we have tried the *228 still didnt fix the problem.

everytime i call i have to block my # with *67:icon_evil:

StephenWVU

Reaction score
I was having the same problem with the old phone, they did it all and then sent me a new Motorola Droid. It has only been a week and I am having the same issue. I have already done the *228. I am trying to see if it is a service issue or a phone issue.

jrees1125

Reaction score
call not connecting to voicemail

Anyone else having a problem when they make a call to someone it doesnt connect you to their voicemail. You get a scratchy noise or highpitched like hum. and it takes 2 or 3 callbacks before it actually connects you. this has been happening for a few weeks now. I called verizon and they told me it was the other persons phone but it happens to more than one number so i doubt that. Any suggestions?