1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Calls in Europe

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Royal2000H, Sep 17, 2010.

1. Royal2000H

Royal2000H New Member

Hey I'm going to Europe in a couple of days and I'm wondering if there's any way to get free calls while there (at least to the states).

To clarify, I'll have my Droid with me, and I'm wondering if there's a way to call people when I have Wifi. I know the official Skype app doesn't work on Wifi. Unless there's a hacked version?

Also, I use Google Voice, and I'm pretty sure there's a way to do this with sipdroid or something of the sort. Is that my only option?
  2. takeshi

takeshi New Member

Sure -- with a VOIP solution. There are quite a few threads discussing them here.
  3. Royal2000H

Royal2000H New Member

The best way seems to use sipsorcery as a middle man. Unfortunately, sipsorcery isn't taking new accounts. Any alternatives?
  4. Newps

Newps New Member

Nimbuzz does Skype.