1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

calls go to speaker and mute after cm 7.1 update

Discussion in 'Cyanogenmod' started by droidoesall, Jun 29, 2011.

1. droidoesall

droidoesall New Member

so i just updated my cm 7.0.3 to 7.1 on my og droid. i wiped dalvik cache but did not wipe data + cache. ive noticed about 90% of all my incoming calls get put on speaker and mute and i am unable to remove it from those settings. is this happenning because i did not wipe properly or are other people experiencing this issue as well.let me know.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums
  2. meishkov

meishkov New Member

It's been happening to me more and more recently. If you put your ear up to the speaker in the back you can hear like a high pitch sound, crackles sometimes. Even if you play like music afterwards it definitely won't sound the same. A reboot is the ONLY thing that I've been able to figure out how to get it back to normal. I have absolutely no idea why or how it happens.:icon_evil:
  3. burner

burner New Member

same thing just happened to me. i only wiped cache and dalvik though. haven't done a full wipe since i started trying nightlies. gonna try 115 now i think.
  4. droidoesall

droidoesall New Member

hey meishkov did u do a full wipe? and i am gonna do a backup and then do a full wipe and see if fixes it. ill let u guys know what the results are.

5. jerroedr

jerroedr New Member

its not a new problem. it has only happened to me one time, and im on build 85 by winner. it happened when i had a missed call and didnt get to check it and the phone rang again. apparently i am missing some calls though.
  6. jerroedr

jerroedr New Member

i just checked out the mirror for team douche and there isnt a 7.1 for the d1 yet
  7. droidoesall

droidoesall New Member

ok so i wiped and issue continued. i just went into rom manager and it said there was an update so thats exactly what i did. then ill stay on .3 untill they have it for og droid. thanks for looking that up

8. Artimis

Artimis New Member

Been an issue in the nightlies for a while. Had it happen to me quite a bit but haven't had it happen for a while now (keeping fingers crossed). Usually, it is followed by force-closes, unresponsiveness, and reboots.

Has anyone tried taking the phone APK from 7.0.3 and putting it on 7.1? I'm wondering if it will work and fix the issue?
  9. droidoesall

droidoesall New Member

thats a good idea, i have yet to try it. let me know how it goes
  10. phonetool

phonetool New Member

Any news on this?
    Is there an open issue somewhere so the devs know to check on it?

I'm on CM7 winner00 141 build with a deprimed kernel and the V6 Supercharger script.

I don't get many calls, but it seems that every time my phone rings it goes straight to speakerphone and the phone app locks up.
    I get to hear my caller exasperatingly saying "Hello? Hello?" while I attempt button presses that do nothing (except to bring up the force close/wait/cancel message).

This is aggravating. It's a phone, after all. I hope there's a fix out there somewhere. I haven't had any luck finding it.

I'm going to try a minimum clock setting of 400MHz for the main SetCPU profile and the Screen Off profile. Maybe a little more umph during an incoming call will help out.
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2011
  11. burner

burner New Member

my fix was to switch to Liquid GB... *shrug*
  12. phonetool

phonetool New Member

Thanks for the reply and news. For me on CM7, this means that a solution is out there, somewhere, someday.
  13. meishkov

meishkov New Member

That problem where it goes to speaker immediately can be fixed by rebooting. I have to because if you put your ear to the back speaker you can hear a weird noise coming from it, and any sound played will be distorted.

A new problem for me. My phone will ring, the screen won't come on, but if I hit the power button on top to powerup the screen, there's no call occurring, it'll go straight to the homescreen, while my ringer will still be going off. Now this one I have No idea how to fix. A reboot I guess. But even in the call log it'll say no new missed call. Like it never happened, even though the ringer goes off. Have had this happen multiple times recently. On winner00's 109 I believe. Might be time to upgrade I suppose.

Just had it happen again, I hate the fact that I'm too damn lazy to spend the 1 hour+ it takes and update my gosh darn phone.

Edit: hmmm, seems it may just be a # that I blacklisted that's causing the ringer to go off along with it vibrating. Gonna call from a friends phone and see if it still happens. Regardless, the original problem of calls going to speaker still holds true, that I know for sure.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2011
  14. crdnilfan

crdnilfan New Member

This issue is still happening to me, I did a full wipe on 148, has anybody found it to be fixed since 148? (Reading the changelog I see nothing that would make sense to fix it).
  15. phonetool

phonetool New Member

I'm still on winner00's 141 (CM7) and get this once every couple of days.
    I've been trying out different settings on the SuperCharger script, but that doesn't seem to help.
    I also set up a scheduled reboot at 8am every day, but if that helps, I can't tell.

Most times I have to pull the battery to get out of this problem- the phone seems to lock up solid with the ringer and vibe going.:frown:
  16. Diab210

Diab210 New Member

I didn't have this problem for a while then its happened 4 times in the last 3 days - twice yesterday, once the day before, and again the day before that. I'm hoping this isn't a progressively increasing problem 8( I did try Liquid GIngerbread for a while and didn't seem to have the issue however my phone occasionally wouldn't boot into the os, and just keep bootlooping (which seems far worse than the phone app crashing and burning) so that wasn't an option.

Have you tired changing kernels / governors to see if that helps any? At this point I'm not really sure what else to try.
  17. phonetool

phonetool New Member

I'm on Winner00's CM7 build 141 with a dePrimed kernel and SetCPU for a governor.
    I used to run the ChevyNo1 Low-Voltage 1GHz kernel.
    Same issue with either kernel.
  18. droidoesall

droidoesall New Member

so i ended up uninstalling that rom because they mentioned that it is not compatible with original droid. still running 7.0.3
Search tags for this page
android mute music incoming call
android phone s4 goes straight to speaker

calls are muted cm7 build

cyanogenmod incoming call speaker

cyanogenmod speaker
cyanogenmod speaker mute

cyanogenmod speakerphone

cyanogmod speaker mute

fix g2 speakerphone mute

incoming calls go to speaker cm 7
incoming calls go to speaker cm7