Calling wrong contact from "Frequently Called" section

nick24

Reaction score
Hello all!

This is my first post in a forum. I just bought a Razr Maxx through Verizon and I have not been happier with any other phone. I love it

The only buggy issue i have found is that when i try to call someone through hitting the "PHONE" tab --> "FAVORITES" --> then scroll down under my actual favorites to "FREQUENTLY CALLED." When I try calling someone from there, it dials up a different contact name and number. This is the ONLY area where it calls a different number. When I call from the "RECENT" tab, or anywhere under the "PEOPLE" widget, no problem at all.

Does that make sense? Any suggestions??

Thanks!
Nick

ns1

Reaction score
I recently upgraded my Razr to ICS, and my contacts are completely skewed. I've performed factory reset and reloaded the Corporate Account/Exchange Server info with no luck. If I'm lucky enough to find a contact when I search, it typically doesn't display all of the contact's info, and excludes the phone numbers. When composing an email, the Quick Pick list that appears will often display someone else's email address for the person being displayed (VERY DANGEROUS). Luckily, I was made aware of this when I was trying to email something to myself and a fellow employee was getting the emails. I then saw his email address listed below my name when composing.

browsing contacts is a nightmare. A person's name may be replaced by a comment for the contact or a distribution group in which the contact belongs. No other employees (iPhones and Droid X/GingerBread users) are having this issue. I'm not seeing it in Outlook or my iPad.

For a business user, ICS appears to me to be a nightmare. I'm still working on it, and if I have any luck, I'll post back here. I can't believe that I finally found a post by someone who appears to be having a similar issue. I began to think it was unique to me, but based on all that I've read while researching this online, people are having all sorts of issues with ICS. For Razr users, there appears to be no way to roll back to Gingerbread, but it look like Samsung has offered a utility to roll back their devices.

j1derly

Reaction score
I am having the same issue... I found someone else with the Razr at school today and asked them if they had the same problem when using the frequently called list, and she didn't know so she tried, and it was not syncing name to contact information correctly either.

I was searching this issue in hopes to report it as a bug to have it fixed for the next update but I'm a loss for how to do that.

ns1

Reaction score
Here's a bit more info. I spent some time on several calls with Motorola Support. They were not aware of the issue and could not successfully troubleshoot it. I ultimately gave up and switched to a Galaxy S3 running ICS. The issue is NOT there with the Galaxy. The contacts are perfect. Unfortunately, the voice recognition, spell check and swipe suggestions of the S3 pale in comparison to the Razr, in my opinion. For me, the contacts are more important, so I'm sticking with the S3. Otherwise, I'd get my Razr back.

klims106

Reaction score
I have a Rzr M (XT907). I have the same issue. In fact what happens is:
- go to frequently called number
- Display correctly shows the last number dialed and person ID.
-Click on the Green Phone number, display information switches and calls the previous to last number dialed:angry:. If by chance you called the same person twice it does not seem to be a problem because the phone number is the same...
I talked to Motorola on different subject last week and they also calimed not to be aware.
My wife has a LG stupid phone and seems to have the same problem. We both have verizon. Could it be this part of the software is a Verizon issue not Motorola or android? Anyone else with info to coroborate?