Calling to Japan

p1mple

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I used to have a Verizon blackberry with a Japanese calling package on it. Calling to Japan was perfect on this blackberry however when I switched to the Moto. Droid, the calling does not work. It says the number does not work. I went to Verizon and the guy could not figure out what was wrong with it.

What do you guys think? I know I have the correct numbers to dial and country code. Everything is perfect!

bastosero

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I used to have a Verizon blackberry with a Japanese calling package on it. Calling to Japan was perfect on this blackberry however when I switched to the Moto. Droid, the calling does not work. It says the number does not work. I went to Verizon and the guy could not figure out what was wrong with it.

What do you guys think? I know I have the correct numbers to dial and country code. Everything is perfect!

If you're dialing internationally and if you are calling direct (which is expensive LOL - I use Google Voice since it has low international rates), you dial 011 + Country Code (81 for Japan) + Area Code + Phone Number. I've actually called someone from Japan using Google Voice service.

bastosero

Reaction score
Hey guys,

If you're dialing internationally and if you are calling direct (which is expensive LOL - I use Google Voice since it has low international rates), you dial 011 + Country Code (81 for Japan) + Area Code + Phone Number. I've actually called someone from Japan using Google Voice service.

I'm sorry, I meant 81 is the country code for Japan. I call internationally frequently. I'm starting to confuse the country codes with others. LOL