Calling Rescue Squad

OP
A

az_bill

Reaction score
Easy Root say "Congrats you are rooted, now reboot, open app and you will come back to this screen". Did that but was no "Root Guy" on my tray?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
OK. Now let's verify that Easy root was successful. Did you download a terminal emulator? If no, please go to the market and download (search terminal emulator) Once you install the TE open your slider and type SU the $ will change to # , if you are rooted

OP
A

az_bill

Reaction score
Bad news, TE "stopped unexpectedly" upon initial and second open.

OP
A

az_bill

Reaction score
Had uninstalled then reinstalled Easy Root to see if Super User would come back but it is "unexpectedly stopping" also. What fun staring out can be. Thanks for the hand holding.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Had uninstalled then reinstalled Easy Root to see if Super User would come back but it is "unexpectedly stopping" also. What fun staring out can be. Thanks for the hand holding.

Glad to help we've all needed help at some point

OP
A

az_bill

Reaction score
Ok, will try the SBF route to a real Root. Thanks, will update with progress.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Pleeeeease Mike,

I am a mere Padawan.
:hail: You are the master!

OP
A

az_bill

Reaction score
SBF failed to flash several times. Dnld SBF 2.0.1 again. Took much longer to fail this time so went again. Took less time to finish, and fail. However, checked "About Phone" and it showed 2.0.1. Looked at updates and 2.2 was already coming in. Have a SLOOOOOOW connection to VZ. Will update after 2.2 finishes.

Thanks again.

Still chugg'in

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
SBF failed to flash several times. Dnld SBF 2.0.1 again. Took much longer to fail this time so went again. Took less time to finish, and fail. However, checked "About Phone" and it showed 2.0.1. Looked at updates and 2.2 was already coming in. Have a SLOOOOOOW connection to VZ. Will update after 2.2 finishes.

Thanks again.

Still chugg'in

Good job bill, I hope it works out.

Alot of people wouldn't of checked about phone, they would of assumed it just failed.
Good for you!

Sent from a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away

OP
A

az_bill

Reaction score
Thanx Tal. It's all good now. Rooted, v2.1, ROM is Cyano. I'm thinking abt stay'n @ 2.1, 'fraid 2.2 may be push'n my luck rite now. Thank you, the Squad and Southern. I'll keep learn'n.