Calling Rescue Squad

az_bill

Reaction score
Hello, new to the Root/rom endeavors. Have Moto Droid and have suceeded in Rotting but failed with the rom stuff. Joined the forum to learn where I erred and see if I can work through to a stable solution. I have caused the screen of dirth(not death) to appear. I have been staring at a caution sign next to a horizontal phone icon with no clue to what it means. removing battery for POR(power on rest) restores the phone but I still cannot get Rom mgr to partition SD card. Wish me luck.

Thanks,
az_bill

Last edited:
OP
A

az_bill

Reaction score
Yes, tried it using Rom Mgr, maybe I had the sequence wrong. So I did the POR and phone came back. Verified Rom Mgr and now am downloading BB .4 via 3G at work, 35% so far. Have to respond to a trouble call but will be back. Thanks.

OP
A

az_bill

Reaction score
ok, back. Using RM, dnld BB .4, checked blocks for BU and wipe cache, OK, phone rebooted, got Bat Wing then Caution Icon. No go??

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
You may need to call in the Rescue Squad on this one! Can you change the title of the thread? Rename it "CALLING THE RESCUE SQUAD!" - LMAO

OP
A

az_bill

Reaction score
Did POR, opened RM, message says "Recovery mode is broken, RM doesn't reboot, other". Trying in Recovery mode. Same caution icon. Tried Pwr + X, get bat wing then caution icon. POR alone does boot into a phone. "About phone" shows 2.2, FRG01B, Kernel 2.6.32.9. I have uninstlled RM and reinstalled, same fault. I have missed a step some place. Will fine when I find out where.

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
OK try this. Open RM and scroll down to flash alternate recovery. After it finishes, go back up to the top and select Flash clockworkmod recovery again. Let it run through that. When it finishes, scroll down to All clockworkmod recoveries and hit OK - do that a few times until the pop up box shows up relatively quick. Then try installing the ROM again.
RM is having issues with 2.2 ...

OP
A

az_bill

Reaction score
Just checked SU and it says "has stopped unexpectedly". That may be to source of my impass. I'll look into that. THANKS!!!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
OP, my sense is you are not rooted. What process did you use to root your phone?
Mike