Calling Problems

archie10

Reaction score
Ok so one of my friends called me on my cell phone and it did not ring. She then called me on my house phone to say why is your phone off..and i said its not. So I am wondering why my phone did not ring and i don't know were to go to change that.. I went to call settings but I could not find it there.. What's the problem.

km75

Reaction score
You need to go into settings>sounds and make sure you have the phone ringtones enabled and the volume turned up.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

sarreq

Reaction score
and make sure you have a signal. if the network can't reach you, it assumes your phone is off and redirects to voicemail

OP
A

archie10

Reaction score
they are all the way up and i do have signal. i called it from my house phone and it went straight to voicemail..

km75

Reaction score
So what sound do you have set for your phone ringtone?

OP
A

archie10

Reaction score
its all the way up. My phone does not ring, vibrate or light up when i call.

km75

Reaction score
No. What I'm asking you is what sound do you have set for your ringtone. Go back into sounds>phone ringtones and tell me exactly what if any sound you have checked for your ringtone. Not talking about the volume slider,

km75

Reaction score
And you made sure that you didn't accidentally put the phone in silent mode, correct?

km75

Reaction score
Never mind. You clearly stated that it goes straight to voicemail so obviously its not ringing. Have you received any texts or phone calls today? If not you might want to try updating your roaming capabilities. Dial *228 select otpion 2. That will connect you with the tower you are closest to.

km75

Reaction score
My suggestions would to be to do a battery pull and see if that helps. If not then do the *228 thing. The only thing I can think of is that you have numbers set to automatically go to voicemail. But I can't see that being the case since you tried calling from your home phone and were unsuccessful.