Calling overseas question

BlkSSon22s

Reaction score
Going on a cruise July 3rd, I tried searching but found nothing.

I have a moto droid (rooted, not sure if that matters), I know if I use the ships satellite to make a call, its $2.50/min. If I use my google voice number will I be charged anything? Or does anyone know of an app that that I can use? Skype?

Sorry if this is the wrong section.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I have a moto droid (rooted, not sure if that matters), I know if I use the ships satellite to make a call, its $2.50/min. If I use my google voice number will I be charged anything? Or does anyone know of an app that that I can use? Skype?

Skype only works Verizon to Verizon. As for Google Voice I found this: Can I use GV overseas to call the U.S.? - Google Voice Help

When you're talking in general about the Droid the best place to put your post is in the General Discussion Thread. I will move it there for you. :)

smcdo123

Reaction score

yeah i would activate a different phone if i were you. Not a smartphone because it draws data all the time so unless you somehow shut this off you will be charged mass amounts of money. I talked to someone today at verizon about this as well im going on a cruise and the ship charges you the 2.50 a minute i dunno about data but its probly ridic. Also call customer service and ahve them put thecode for international calling before you leave its free just gives you the code to let you do it and dial *228 option 2 bfore you leave