Calling Issues

pebow

Reaction score
Every once and a while my X will ring for (literally) one second and then go to a black screen and not ring again. When the phone goes back to the main screen it says I have no service (the red circle with a line through it is where the signal bars are) and obviously there is no 3G coverage or even 1X. This same thing happens when I try to call people every once and a while as well. It will connect to the call but not ring on my end but it will on theirs and once they answer I can't hear them but they can hear me. -- I've double checked many times and the phone is NOT on mute. Only after several battery pulls does the phone work correctly. It also calls people on it's own, it's happened several times where I'll get a call back from someone and they tell me they have a missed call from me and I check the recent calls on my phone and theres nothing saying I called them.

I'm not really sure what is wrong, the verizon support people don't believe me because when I go in to get support, the phone works perfectly. So if anyone has any ideas please let me know.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well, I would suggest two things: 1. Try a factory hard reset. That is sort of disruptive, but it does seem to fix a lot of random problems. Also, it will be one of the things Customer Services tells you to do. 2. Call customer service. While the tech service level may not be totally outstanding, it is almost always better than the in-store techs.

Good luck and keep us posted.