Calling internationally

kevin79

Reaction score
I have a question about calling internationally. This isn't necessarily a Droid question but I figured I would ask you all.

I'm using a Droid 2 Global on Verizon Wireless. Can I use the "+" to dial internationally (like Australia) or do I need to use 011?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a question about calling internationally. This isn't necessarily a Droid question but I figured I would ask you all.

I'm using a Droid 2 Global on Verizon Wireless. Can I use the "+" to dial internationally (like Australia) or do I need to use 011?

I'm pretty sure you have to use the Country Code. That's probably something Verizon can actually answer for you. ;)

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
from personal experience dont use your verizon wireless number to call internationally use a google voice number the rates are significantly cheaper

the app and phone number are free you just need to pay for the long distance charges through your google account...

heres the rates to austrailia...... Yes im that bored...

verizon - $1.99 per minute
Google voice - $0.14 per minute

tonydelite

Reaction score
I would like to 2nd the idea of using Google Voice for international dialing. There is even an option in the app to make it automatically kick in for international calls, so you don't have to do a thing. You can call England for like 2cents a minute, vs. the near $2 that Verizon charges.

And for the record, I used 011 and it worked fine.

sonyjohn

Reaction score
I'm sure you have to use the Country Code.

I recommend to tell the caller that toll free green numbers are available in 17 countries. If a call is placed using a toll free number, the caller will be asked to type in the no +372XXXXX, follow by the # button,in case of xxsim international sim